What watch do you wear?

Soldato
Does anyone have any thoughts on resale prices of Seikos? Specifically the SKX009K2? I've been on the lookout for a nice diver for a while and a colleague has just offered me his for £100. Seems a fair price if I'm honest.
If it seems like a fair price to you, then that's all that matters.

It's hard to comment without knowing anything about its condition, how old it is, who and when it was serviced by etc.

If it's in decent nick and keeping good time, then seems very reasonable to me.

Soldato
Does anyone have any thoughts on resale prices of Seikos? Specifically the SKX009K2? I've been on the lookout for a nice diver for a while and a colleague has just offered me his for £100. Seems a fair price if I'm honest.

As above, very hard to say but I would shop around for new ones and see what they go for, I THINK that model goes for about £250 but there are quite a few like it on Creationwatches for about £160. I would rather get a new one for £60 more but that is just me.

Soldato
If it seems like a fair price to you, then that's all that matters.

It's hard to comment without knowing anything about its condition, how old it is, who and when it was serviced by etc.

If it's in decent nick and keeping good time, then seems very reasonable to me.

As above, very hard to say but I would shop around for new ones and see what they go for, I THINK that model goes for about £250 but there are quite a few like it on Creationwatches for about £160. I would rather get a new one for £60 more but that is just me.

It's not old at all, but I do need to get confirmation. I doubt it's old enough to have been serviced, if I'm honest.

They seem to be going for over £200 over here, and like you say £160-ish on Creation, although it's out of stock. Thing is, it's £60 more plus whatever you get stung for by customs. This was sat on my desk yesterday and I know it's been looked after - he's a watch guy with a Grand Seiko on his wrist :)

Soldato
Soldato
It's not old at all, but I do need to get confirmation. I doubt it's old enough to have been serviced, if I'm honest.

They seem to be going for over £200 over here, and like you say £160-ish on Creation, although it's out of stock. Thing is, it's £60 more plus whatever you get stung for by customs. This was sat on my desk yesterday and I know it's been looked after - he's a watch guy with a Grand Seiko on his wrist :)
Sounds pretty good then, the gut feeling is usually the right one, if you are happy with the deal then that is what counts.

Soldato
Every year I look forward to Basel, this year I haven't really paid much attention.

Had a quick look @ some of the new releases yesterday & Rolex really have pleasantly surprised me with the SS Sky Dweller.
Immediately gave my AD a call and put my name down for one. 3rd on the list, hope they become available soon

Soldato
Every year I look forward to Basel, this year I haven't really paid much attention.

Had a quick look @ some of the new releases yesterday & Rolex really have pleasantly surprised me with the SS Sky Dweller.
Immediately gave my AD a call and put my name down for one. 3rd on the list, hope they become available soon

Some nice looking Seikos announced, too.

Associate
So Im sitting with a friend today and my phone rings. I look at the screen and its from a withheld / private number - I usually ignore these and let them go to voicemail but for some reason I answered ...

"Hi it's just to say that your GMT Master II BLNR is now in stock"

Mine? What do you mean?

"You asked to be put on our waiting list and we havent been able to contact anyone else before you on the list so are offering it to you"

:O

I jumped in the car and sped off to the AD to buy it there and then.

Once it was in my hands I explained that I never asked to be put on any waiting list, I'd just called up out of interest in January when I was hunting for a normal GMT II ceramic and for some reason they put me down. They've only had 2 BLNRs this year!

So a VERY VERY happy boy today :D

Anyone want to buy my old LN? :p

nAbGhn4.png

Soldato
So Im sitting with a friend today and my phone rings. I look at the screen and its from a withheld / private number - I usually ignore these and let them go to voicemail but for some reason I answered ...

"Hi it's just to say that your GMT Master II BLNR is now in stock"

Mine? What do you mean?

"You asked to be put on our waiting list and we havent been able to contact anyone else before you on the list so are offering it to you"

:O

I jumped in the car and sped off to the AD to buy it there and then.

Once it was in my hands I explained that I never asked to be put on any waiting list, I'd just called up out of interest in January when I was hunting for a normal GMT II ceramic and for some reason they put me down. They've only had 2 BLNRs this year!

So a VERY VERY happy boy today :D

Anyone want to buy my old LN? :p

nAbGhn4.png

Well done mate.

It's a great watch.

It's one that gets a lot of wrist time through my daily rotation.

11B8FFC5-84E4-4BE8-9D26-6BCEF73830CD_zpsw9pgaq6t.jpg

Back
Top Bottom