What watch do you wear?

Associate
I quite like the new orange dial Christopher Ward trident. It's like a slightly smarter version of a seiko orange monster.

Don
rather than start a new thread may as well add to this

Looking to sell my JLC extreme world chronograph

Its currently with JLC having a full service so when back will be immaculate and have a years warranty, what do folks reckon I would get for it? was thinking around 5k

Soldato
rather than start a new thread may as well add to this

Looking to sell my JLC extreme world chronograph

Its currently with JLC having a full service so when back will be immaculate and have a years warranty, what do folks reckon I would get for it? was thinking around 5k

Age, leather, rubber or steel?

Watch Club on Old Bond Street, London have a 2006 on display for 6475.
I don't see what you couldn't get about 5K for your one

Soldato
Not half as nice as a lot of the metal in here, but until i'm about 60 and can afford the Omega i've always wanted!

Always had a soft spot for Nixons, so recently got myself a 51-30 in Gunmetal/Green Oxyde:

xcyjbL0.jpg

It's a big watch, but I like it.

And yes, I need to moisturise.
LIXNz.jpg

Soldato
Not half as nice as a lot of the metal in here, but until i'm about 60 and can afford the Omega i've always wanted!

Always had a soft spot for Nixons, so recently got myself a 51-30 in Gunmetal/Green Oxyde:

xcyjbL0.jpg

It's a big watch, but I like it.

And yes, I need to start lifting to get rid of girls wrists

Fixed :)

Soldato
20% isn't that great to be honest, my girlfriend works in a jewelry store and they'll go as high as 18% if a customer haggles hard enough and isn't paying on finance. She gets 35% for friends and family and 50% for herself, so the markups are huge on watches.

Who's to say you can't haggle further than the 20% though. I'd rather start there than at full retail.

Don
Nice :cool:, my skyland avenger is fast becoming my daily beater, seems to get a lot more compliments than my other more expensive pieces. However, it's a shame they have rather low rent movements, having said that so does my panerai :p

Soldato
20% isn't that great to be honest, my girlfriend works in a jewelry store and they'll go as high as 18% if a customer haggles hard enough and isn't paying on finance. She gets 35% for friends and family and 50% for herself, so the markups are huge on watches.
Is that on all brands including omegas? Usually the proper brands have reduced staff discounts vs fast fashion quartz stuff...the 20% at Goldsmiths is only on non-current models too

Caporegime
Is that on all brands including omegas? Usually the proper brands have reduced staff discounts vs fast fashion quartz stuff...the 20% at Goldsmiths is only on non-current models too

Where she works those are the percentages across all watches they sell in the store she works at (Breitling, Omega, Tag are all there). It's actually rather annoying as I always find myself looking at new watches and seeing what price I'd be able to get them for, already purchased 2 and only been with her a year :D

Soldato
My latest Breitling, a lot of people don't like them, for me my favorite watch maker. SuperOcean Chronometre.

I'm not a fan of Breitling watches. Sure they are well made time pieces and are built like tanks....BUT, they are the size of tanks and they tank in value. Massive watches went out of season in the late 90's.

Hopefully the new owner will inject some innovation into the brand.

Back
Top Bottom