What watch do you wear?

Soldato
I really don't get the whole Panerai thing... my friend has one and it just looks like a giant frogs eyeball. :p

You know, I honestly can't recall ever seeing one in real life? Plenty of Rolex, Hublot, Omega etc. but don't think I've ever seen a PAM. Now numbers would dictate that I really should have by now, so I must simply not have noticed them, which is not what I expect from a PAM given their usual size and looks.

I love this: http://www.watchfinder.co.uk/Panerai/Radiomir Automatic/PAM00373/23824/item/98872

But a bit pricey. Saving over new though is huge :p and it's not a 1950, so you know. I just would like many. I still really like the 352 but it's 44 and I know that everyone says bracelet on a pam is a no no, but I like it.

Platinum PAM? Nah! Steel, steel, steel (or maybe rose gold).

Soldato
The only Panerai I really like are the simple ones. The 44mm Luminor Base (PAM 112), or the same with the logo, or the one with the seconds a 9, and to a lesser extent, the 45mm Radiomir Base.
I don't like the ones with power reserve, or dates, or GMT, or submersibles. There's also the odd 44mm 1950 cased model I like, like the flyback chrono.

I have seen a few in the wild. Not many, but a few over the last decade since I learned of their existence. You don't really see many nice watches in this part of the world. Most common are non-date Submariners, Seamaster Planet Oceans, Speedmasters and Seamaster 300s of various types.

Last edited:
Soldato
I bought a new Tudor nato when I got the Blackbay, and so washed up this old one but wanted to do something with it since it was spare. I suppose I could have picked a non Tudor one but sod it, makes it more fun.

So it turned into this, and I love it.

23498463_1910060592565870_6288655389265231872_n.jpg

Associate
Haven't worn a watch since cell phones became trendy. It became redundant. Never enjoyed wearing a watch so I was happy to stop doing it.

All my watches though were cheap crap casio/timex jobs.. My fav one was the timex turn and pull but the crown snapped off after 3 months (I'm very gentle with my property) so that was the end of that one.

Soldato
Finally settled on the Longines HydroConquest AUtomatic version from FraserHart, Looks soooooo nice in person, just oozes quality, first proper watch I have ever gotten, and my parents paid part for my 18th as they gave me a budget for a watch but I wanted this one for a while so said I would handle the extra.
Also, the box it comes in is stunning, again just quality, I am a big guy for presentation, my birthday is next Sunday so not long to wait now!

Great first watch. Was my first proper automatic one too as a gift from my in laws. I think it's an excellent all rounder. Works well both casual and smart/casual. Sadly at work we're forbidden to wear watches so doesnt nearly get used as much as I'd like. What colour did you go for?

Just checked the prices on these now and I'm surprised at just how much they still retail for. I got mine in 2012 for £590 from a high street store.

Associate
Great first watch. Was my first proper automatic one too as a gift from my in laws. I think it's an excellent all rounder. Works well both casual and smart/casual. Sadly at work we're forbidden to wear watches so doesnt nearly get used as much as I'd like. What colour did you go for?

Just checked the prices on these now and I'm surprised at just how much they still retail for. I got mine in 2012 for £590 from a high street store.
Just out of interest, why are you forbidden to wear a watch at work?

Soldato
Figured there may be people in this thread who might have an idea .... anyone know anywhere that deals in parts for pre-1980 Seiko watch parts. My Dad has a Seiko watch (7546-812a) from the late 1970's which has some sentimental stuff associated with it and has managed to lose the battery cover so is trying to find some way to replace it (Seiko Customer Services were tried but said no).

Back
Top Bottom