1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What watch do you wear?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Doran, Apr 21, 2008.

1. GSXRMovistar

Sgarrista

Interesting, will take a look thanks.

2. daz

Capodecina

I have a Steinhart Ocean 39 rose gold which is very similar to that. It's a bit of a Yachtmaster 'homage'.

Not my photo...
    [​IMG]

3. Evian

Wise Guy

Lume shot wants 850 dollars for it.

4. Jony27

Sgarrista

I've been wearing a skx007k1 for a while now. Just recently found out about the Seiko modding community and been tinkering with the idea. I don't have the tools or skills to do it myself so will be likely send it out to Tempus watch mods.

What's stopping me is with the skx being discontinued,I feel like I should keep it stock and just get a different one built from scratch.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2020
  5. mrk

Man of Terrible Jokes

If you're gonna have it for the forseable future then doesn't make sense to then have two of the same watch. It's not a watch that's going to go up in value so you may as well make it exactly how you want it and parts will always be available for these mass produced models all the time as you've seen the mod community is huge and every watchmaker out there will have parts in stock online etc!

Coomplete modded? Granted some places will be higher than others but mate's quote was under £400 and shipped from Europe!

Has anyone been making use of covid-19 isolation by doing any watch photography? I was watching a watch video by Bark & Jack last weekend on how he shoots watches and had the urge to try out a few things with natural light and how allowing some light to bounce off the crystal edge or other areas adds more depth etc:

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Wish I had a large collection now for this purpose lol.

6. dod

Mobster

Like that a lot :)

7. Evian

Wise Guy

Yep, Is it from DLW about 400 in europe?

8. randomshenans

Capodecina

Me too actually.

9. Hades

Capodecina

Very nice.

10. Jony27

Sgarrista

Yeah, it's my first 'proper' watch so will be kept for the foreseeable future. I don't think it'll go up in value either. It'll be a standard movement, sapphire, ceramic insert mod so it'll still retain some skx007 resemblance.

11. fobose

Mobster

Here is my old seamaster. Been wearing it every day for over 4 years now:

[​IMG]

12. hughtrimble

Mobster

^^ Always been a fan of pinstripe dials @fobose. Does yours have the independent hour hand too, so you can leave the watch running whilst changing the hour?

GS day for me

[​IMG]

13. fobose

Mobster

The pin strip dial was what first attracted me to it. When the light hits the dial, the pin strips really shine (and go a much lighter colour, almost white). Loving the simplistic design of your grand sieko too!

P.S no, I don't think mine has an independent hour hand.

14. Squidward

Gangster

Hope everyone is well, I am in the market for a Rolex datejust in 18k gold, 36mm +, not fussed if it is new, more so that the watch is in good condition and authentic. Any ideas on the best place to look / going rates?

Thanks all!

15. Derek W

Capodecina

16. hughtrimble

Mobster

Definitely go with a reputable outlet for one of those - I'd imagine these testing times are providing a very convincing sales spiel and added incentive for those wishing to sell fakes as the real deal.

17. inferno

Wise Guy

[​IMG]

There is an aptly named wapoint near Manchester!

18. JRJ

Hitman

Damn you @mrk just started following a load of pages and fallen in love with a few, stop spending my money :D

Just ordered a Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro in 42mm as well :rolleyes:

19. mrk

Man of Terrible Jokes

Not sorry :D

This popped up on my feed this evening, Yema have released their new French Military piece which does look rather stunning in both black and silver. If I was in the market for a new watch then I'd definitely pick this up. All French made with in-house movement too and a style that stands out on its own considering it's a dive watch. I like that approach. The French are rather good at watches (still).

https://eu.yema.com/blogs/news/pres...n+French+Air+Force&utm_campaign=PRESS+RELEASE

Huge fan that they offer 39mm and 41mm size options.

20. hughtrimble

Mobster

Really very nice looking watches.

But they can do one with the 19mm lug width on the 39mm variant!