What watch do you wear?

Soldato
Will be collecting mine from RM tomorrow morning so will find out. That does look cool though. There's no way they will want you to ship that back they will almost certainly just send out a new correct one as it would be cheaper for them.

Barton were really good about the incorrect strap they sent me. They told me I can keep the Black one. They sent me a replacement on Monday and said it should be with me within 5-7 days. It turned up today and looks amazing!!

4FRCDqAh.jpg

daz

daz

Soldato
How are you changing the strap on your Aqua Terra? The pins on mine seem so tight to the case I can't see how to get them out.

Man of Honour
Nice result! ^

Don't know about those users but mine have all been fine so far. I'm using the smaller tongued Marloe buckles too.

Can only imagine those who had splits were doing them up too tight. Thickness is perfectly fine too IMO having bought so many straps over the years from most brands.

Soldato
Curious to hear how the Barton straps hold up? Love the look of them but a lot of the reviews seem to say how thin they are and how the holes can break/split.

I have only had the black strap about a week (wear it daily) and it still looks brand new. I also think the thickness is fine too. I will be wearing the new orange one for some time now no doubt so if I remember I will update on it in a few months.

How are you changing the strap on your Aqua Terra? The pins on mine seem so tight to the case I can't see how to get them out.

I had a bracelet on it which I needed to remove to change the battery (quartz aqua terra). I used some cheap amazon watch repair kit spring bar remover VERY carefully and managed to remove it without scratching it. I've since bought a decent bergeon tool to do the job when I decide to put it back on.

My new leather strap I posted sometime last month and both the barton straps I have have the 'quick release' lever which makes changing any of my new ones very simple!

*edit* Oh and I just remembered, it was a bugger to remove the bracelet. The pins were very tight like you say, I thought it was down to the cheap tool I was using. If you have a bracelet on yours too, you have to kinda keep pressure on the side you release first (i.e pulling that side of the strap away from the watch slightly) otherwise it keeps popping back in. I found a youtube video of it and some guy is swearing like a trooper throughout :D

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I do like it, but fee; a date window delete would look even cleaner on something like that but that's just my preference of course :p

It seems Barton straps have added me to their creators/influencers bit through their site, I can now request anything that takes my fancy providing I post something up on social media about the item (instagram photo etc). Quite chuffed with this result :D

Soldato
First stab at converting a watch strap to quick release.

uc

uc

Not mega pretty but it works perfectly.

uc

Last edited:
Associate
Nice looking watch, just had a look at other Farer offerings, pricey for a relatively new brand but beautiful looking pieces

They make a very nice watch, comparable in quality to a modern Longines imo, and as such I fell that the price is justified. Also, all of their designs and colour choices are easily recognisable as a Farer watch which is something a lot of micro brands cannot say. They have also been around since 2015 so while they are a new company they have been doing it for a number of years.

Associate
Whilst on winding questions :)

Just out of interest, I have a 10 year old TAG barely worn and therein lies the issue, going to send it back to TAG to be fixed.

The jewellers say that I'll get a quote. It has ceased up and in hindsight, I might have overwound/moved around trying to get the bloody thing going - probably broke it!

Just wondering how much broadly I will be looking at for it to be fixed?

Soldato
And is it possible to buy the winder itself? I'd quite fancy making my own box but haven't been able to locate anything as of yet.

It's just a DC motor attached to something to hold the watch, nothing complex

They make a very nice watch, comparable in quality to a modern Longines imo, and as such I fell that the price is justified. Also, all of their designs and colour choices are easily recognisable as a Farer watch which is something a lot of micro brands cannot say. They have also been around since 2015 so while they are a new company they have been doing it for a number of years.

No doubt, after I'm done collecting one from each of the affordable well known brands my focus will turn to a Farer Hopewell unless they create something more beautiful, originally had plans for the CW Sapphire Trident but I think the Farers are even better looking

Man of Honour
https://baltic-watches.com/en/products/aquascaphe-sb01

Gotta say the steel bezel is pulling me in the more I look at it. I really wanted the bronze one but it's still out of stock and likely will be for some time, but the steel bezel one has BGW9 lume and the steel bezel which I really like too. The movement is proven to me as accurate and reliable as already have it in the Morar so this is all good too.

Added to the want list ;cool:

Caporegime

Gotta say the steel bezel is pulling me in the more I look at it. I really wanted the bronze one but it's still out of stock and likely will be for some time, but the steel bezel one has BGW9 lume and the steel bezel which I really like too. The movement is proven to me as accurate and reliable as already have it in the Morar so this is all good too.

The 12 at the top of the dial annoys me a bit, I wish it was just another marker. Shame as I like the case shape and steel bezel.

Soldato

I really like it, I like that simple look but maybe its a bit too similar to a lot of other watches around just now to stand out in a "cool" list.

What I mean is if someone saw it they could probably guess a few other brands and you could see why, unlike your Morar which now I have seen one I would know what it is...sorry lunch time sugar rush so I'm not sure I'm making much sense.

Back
Top Bottom