What watch do you wear?

Caporegime
If you spend the money on the TAG it will put you further away from the watch you really want, if you want to sell it to raise funds for the Speedmaster you'll find yourself getting a fraction of what you paid. £1500 on a quartz TAG is suicide.

Save the extra and buy the watch you really want.

Last edited:
Soldato
Is it worth the extra 700 for the Cailbre 16 movement? I do like the way the second hand doesn't tick and has a smooth movement

http://www.goldsmiths.co.uk/TAG-Heuer-Aquaracer-Chronograph-Gents-Watch/p/17380708/

This also has the Calibre 16 movement (Sellita SW500). To be honest I started off with a TAG from there. They depreciate so much you should really think about if you want to spend that money on a watch. If you go to the USA they are a fraction of the price they cost here. My Aquaracer was £1600 from Goldsmiths and was less than £1K in an authorised dealer in the US.

If you want a Speedy save your money and get one at a later date. Any watch you buy in the middle ground £1k-2k wont generally have very good resale on it.

Associate
As already said I'm not concerned with the resale value really and popping over to the US isn't really viable

My purchase is based on using a bonus I got from work which is why I'm not so keen on adding too much more to it as the watch isn't really costing me anything

I've got other expenses coming in the next few months so finding the extra to get a speedmaster isn't really going to happen, my budget is really maxed at 2k and I'm not sure I want to spend much more than that on my first "luxury" watch

Are there other brands worth considering?

Associate
Last edited:

daz

daz

Soldato
Also have a look at Tudor. Black Bay and North Flag should set you back around £2k with a discount. The North Flag is especially nice with the in house movement.

Associate
After a lot of looking around I decided that I wanted a Speedmaster, after a bit of time common sense kicked in and I though that I shouldn't stretch my budget quite that far on my first luxury watch

Instead I think I'll go for a Tag, I like this model:

http://www.goldsmiths.co.uk/TAG-Heuer-F1-Mens-Watch/p/17381069/

But I do quite fancy an automatic, which got me looking at this:

http://www.goldsmiths.co.uk/TAG-Heuer-Formula-1-Mens-Watch/p/17380923/

Is it worth the extra 700 for the Cailbre 16 movement? I do like the way the second hand doesn't tick and has a smooth movement

They're not in the same league. Get a pre-owned Speedmaster if you have to. I picked up mine last month - 6mths old in mint condition - for just under what you have to available to spend.

Associate
yes just got it although ive got to give it the mrs now as its a prezzie from her for crimbo.

Its a great gadgety watch. i was surprised by the weight of it being titanium with the liquid rubber strap. I was expecting it to be lighter. Certainly very comfortable to wear.

compass seems spot on out the box but the altimeter needs calibrating when i get my hands on it fully.

Associate
Has anyone used the Page & Cooper watch shop website before? I received an e-mail saying: "we are merely awaiting an imminent delivery from ________’s manufacture in Switzerland". How long will it take?

Associate
Evidenza is out and about!

IMG_20151212_120456.jpg

Back
Top Bottom