What watch do you wear?

Soldato
The Ocean One of a nice watch. I have the DLC version and it got me into NATO straps. Which I detested until I tried one. :o

There's also Christopher Ward, but they're almost twice the price and don't really offer a lot more. The Steinhart Military Vintage is on my list.

Soldato
Steinhart make some nice watches - there is also the Hamilton khaki Scuba (probably a bit under budget)which is worth a look, sure I paid about £350 for mine

Soldato
Have now had my Farer Hopewell for a week and while I know I could get an ETA 2824-2 in a cheaper watch I love the look of this. At the mo, it's running faster than is specified (+20 against -/+12) and Farer instantly offered to get that sorted but I'm going to leave it for another week or so at least to see if it settles down. Face up over night gained noticeable more than crown up.

Irrespective, I know it's not going to compare for accuracy to my daily quartz Tag Chrono but I love the looks of this Hopewell.

Caporegime
"accurate to the minute" - so is mine. It's the seconds it's not accurate to but I believe even the certified chronometers are -/+3 seconds per day.

Yeah, accurate to the minute over 6 months, that’s 180 days. You purposely cut off my sentence where I said over 6 months for what reason?

If you are +/- 3 seconds per day, you will be adjusting it after 20 days/3 weeks. I don’t touch mine until day light saving, aka 6 months.

Is yours accurate to the minute over 6 months?

Mine could be accurate more than 6 months but seeing day light savings kicks in, i will never know!

Soldato
Yeah, accurate to the minute over 6 months, that’s 180 days.

If you are +/- 3 seconds per day, you will be adjusting it after 20 days/3 weeks. I don’t touch mine until day light saving, aka 6 months.

Is yours accurate to the minute over 6 months?

Mine could be accurate more than 6 months but seeing day light savings kicks in, i will never know!

I've already stated I've had this watch for a week. Why the aggression? I'm very happy for you that your watch is so accurate.

Caporegime
I've already stated I've had this watch for a week. Why the aggression? I'm very happy for you that your watch is so accurate.

Because I clearly stated it is accurate to a 3-6 month period. Therefore "so is mine" is incorrect when it's +/- 3 second per day because "accurate within a minute over 6 months" comes to less than a fraction of a second per day.

Sorry if I came across aggressive but it is a pet peeve of mine when people cut off posts in quotes to make a point that is already explained in the original post because all this conversation afterwards is unnecessary it was already explained in the first place.

Again, this is not mean to sound aggressive, if it comes across that way.

Last edited:
Soldato
I have to disagree with panthro. I have a Tudor Pelagos Blue and the in-house movement already has an excellent reputation and the 70 hour power reserve makes a significant difference in convenience to a daily wearer over a 40-hour power reserve. Not to mention it is crazily accurate vs the ETA in my Longines Hydroconquest.

Go with the Tudor in-house, because in addition to the above although yes servicing will be more expensive it will not need regular servicing anyway.

Bremont have no real pedigree vs Tudor imo.
I'm not trying to pick a bone, but what pedigree to Tudor have, apart from riding off the back of Rolex for years? Historically Tudor used bought in movements from elsewhere to keep the cost low. Certainly not bashing the Tudor as I think they're a fantastic brand with beautifully designed watches, but clearly the millions they spend on marketing is having the desired effect.

Caporegime
I'm not trying to pick a bone, but what pedigree to Tudor have, apart from riding off the back of Rolex for years? Historically Tudor used bought in movements from elsewhere to keep the cost low. Certainly not bashing the Tudor as I think they're a fantastic brand with beautifully designed watches, but clearly the millions they spend on marketing is having the desired effect.

Hmm, lets see:

----------------------------------------------

Tudor:
  • Registered in 1926 but officially launched in 1946.
  • Rolex-level quality and workmanship with increasingly innovative designs.
  • Supplied the French navy with rugged timepieces since 1956.
  • Priced competitively within their market.
Bremont:
  • Established 2002 (thanks panthro).
  • Decent quality but nothing special.
  • Overpriced considering the above.
----------------------------------------------

Bremont are a baby compared to Tudor, and about 100x less respected within the market. The differences are imo obvious.

Last edited:
Soldato
You didn't answer my question but never mind. I'd like to see your source of 100x times less respected. Have you ever been to both the Rolex manufacturing facilities and the Bremont facilities to judge their quality? Your Longines wasn't chronometer certified so it wouldn't keep time as well as your Tudor. It has nothing to do with the build quality of an ETA vs Tudor movement.
Bremont was established in 2002 and registered in 2005.

Caporegime
You didn't answer my question but never mind. I'd like to see your source of 100x times less respected. Have you ever been to both the Rolex manufacturing facilities and the Bremont facilities to judge their quality? Your Longines wasn't chronometer certified so it wouldn't keep time as well as your Tudor. It has nothing to do with the build quality of an ETA vs Tudor movement.
Bremont was established in 2002 and registered in 2005.
I answered your question, just not in the way you liked/wanted, but it's patently clear that Tudor have far more heritage as a brand than Bremont. I also have no idea what the relevance of my Longines and its lack of chronometer certification has to what I posted.

And ok, so Bremont is even younger than I thought...

Back
Top Bottom