What watch do you wear?

Soldato
26863993_1640008746059261_8674234320300277760_n.jpg

I really need to get my Oyster Date fixed, I miss wearing it, but equally love wearing these two.

Soldato
I'm looking for a new watch to wear to work, nothing too expensive as I repair industrial machines. A quartz would be good so if I leave it off my wrist for the weekend it will still be going.

I really like this, but its over budget at £280 and it's automatic.
7PZ7NMX.jpg

Soldato
@hughtrimble thanks, I did look at Timex a few weeks ago but was worried about the quality.
I'd only worry about quality when you're talking watches in this price point from the likes of Daniel Wellington and other random fashion brands that have cropped up in recent years. Also, take into account the one you linked to in your first post - it's one made for Seiya...by whom? No clue. Timex has a history whereas that one has none.

Edit: CWC or Pulsar quartz G10 from eBay? They're usually pretty robust things.

Last edited:
Soldato
I looked at CWC G10, something about the case shape I don't like.

I just ordered a Seiko 5 military SNK805, cheap enough. I'll keep looking for something else too.

Understood.

One that frankly looks great, and is dirt cheap, and will last, is the Seiko 5 SNKL23. Yes it's an auto, and it's discontinued, but I think it would be a very nice dressy companion to your other piece you've just ordered when put into leather (their factory bracelets at this price are often a bit crap).

This article shows it off beautifully:

https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/a-seventy-five-dollar-watch-that-looks-like-a-million-bucks

Soldato
Yea they are really nice. I love a lot of the Seiko range, especially Grand Seiko. My current dress watch is the Tissot Visodate and I have a Milgauss for ocassional wear.

I’d also really like a Hamilton Khaki but again they are a bit expensive for wearing to work.

Soldato
That Milgauss would be on my wrist every day! Love me the Z Blue, but would take just about any from the line. Though admittedly I understand your reticence if you're knocking around in machinery all day.

Back
Top Bottom