What watch do you wear?

Associate
L4IqvRHl.jpg

Ever since I read about this watch I wanted one.

It's solar, no need to change batteries, worry about winding, it syncs with atomic clock every day and it hits every second marker absolutely perfect.

Fully titanium, so it's light but tough, absolutely love it!
Superb watches by all accounts. Think the case is made by quite a high end supplier in Japan so the finishing is excellent.

Soldato
L4IqvRHl.jpg

Ever since I read about this watch I wanted one.

It's solar, no need to change batteries, worry about winding, it syncs with atomic clock every day and it hits every second marker absolutely perfect.

Fully titanium, so it's light but tough, absolutely love it!

That's nice. They've really stepped up their game in the looks department!

Soldato
Nice, I've always liked these. Never pulled the trigger on one though as the price always seems a little too steep for a new one. *Goes off to check eBay*

Superb watches by all accounts. Think the case is made by quite a high end supplier in Japan so the finishing is excellent.

That's nice. They've really stepped up their game in the looks department!

Thanks all! Yeah the finishing is superb, still getting used to all the features but very very happy with it.

Soldato
It's depressing when there's Omega Seamaster / Grand Seiko money sitting in your account and you know its there to go on your mortgage instead of a fancy watch :(

Justify it by thinking that the amount you're knocking off that would come back to bite you in interest, means you're technically putting money towards a future fancy watch, whilst also providing a safe, heated and rain proof place for the watches to stay (your house!).

Soldato
I don't wear one but my Father died aged 96 five years ago and I have his watch now, incredibly it's still going and keeping perfect time even though the battery must be well over 5 years old :confused: it's a Timex Indiglo WR30M.
It's time has never been altered for summer time and is showing 3.09 as I type this

Soldato
I don't wear one but my Father died aged 96 five years ago and I have his watch now, incredibly it's still going and keeping perfect time even though the battery must be well over 5 years old :confused: it's a Timex Indiglo WR30M.
It's time has never been altered for summer time and is showing 3.09 as I type this

My brother bought me an Adidas Argos special ... 20 years ago? and it still 'works'! Bonkers.

Soldato
It's depressing when there's Omega Seamaster / Grand Seiko money sitting in your account and you know its there to go on your mortgage instead of a fancy watch :(

I know what you mean.

Although I'm limited to paying 10% overpayment per financial year on my five year fixed deal. I can pay off another 3.5k before end of march, so I figure once I've done that, I can treat myself :D

Soldato
I know what you mean.

Although I'm limited to paying 10% overpayment per financial year on my five year fixed deal. I can pay off another 3.5k before end of march, so I figure once I've done that, I can treat myself :D
Oh yeah... over payments. I forgot about that part of my strategy when I bought my Speedy :D:eek:

Associate
WOTD: Casio A168 £15.99 on clearance from Argos...how could I not?

EKsT6sO.jpg

Looks great, I love a cheap Casio.

This is probably my favourite.

The bracelet it came with was leaving a bald patch on my arm so replaced it with a cheap leather strap. Removed text from the case with IPA and added light filters. Find myself wearing it most of the week.

Back
Top Bottom