What watch do you wear?

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
I have not seen those movement comments but it would make sense since it's a Chinese micro rotor. The only other Micro Rotors out there are on watches that are nowhere near below £1k lol.

Maybe I'll give it a miss then but I do love that dial and Breguet numerals. So classic.

I do like Zenith, although find a number of their dials in the chronoscope a bit busy. That 37mm Titanium one I posted a while back is the exception though and as un-luck would have it is out of my price range :p

Associate
That's lovely, although I wish they didn't have the 5 starts on there, it distracts from what is a very elegant design otherwise.

Yeah. It is a fair point, although I quite like the balance it gives to the dial. They are actually there as a direct reference to Longines's past. Longines used to use the 5 stars to indicate their higher grade movements and accuracy, so there is at least a reason for them to be there.

I'm less keen on the date cutout - but as I prefer to have a date I can forgive that :cry:

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Decided... A Laco will rejoin my collection :cool:

Impressive that these are WR 200m rated in such a slim case. Seiko had to beef up the Alpinist to nearly 13mm to get 200m.... Needless to say I will be selling the ALpinist Ginza, as much as I like it, the Laco has been calling me all along and my trio of hand winding pilot watches has to be complete. I am selling the G-Shock too as that hasn't been worn in ages so no point keeping it. Eager to see what the movement finishings between the Stowa and Laco movements are since both are Sellita Top grade versions, Stowa being the SW215-1, Laco using the SW210-1.

Summary: Laco Flieger Pro.
Stainless steel case Ø 37 mm, 20 ATM, dark sandblasted, sapphire crystal with anti-reflective coat (inside and outside). Sapphire crystal caseback. Crown position on the right side. Hand winding movement, topgrade, bridges and wheels decorated, Without date display. Black dial, Baumuster B, Numbers and figures with Superluminova C3, with printing Laco and Made in Germany. Brown vintage leather strap with rivets.

Please note: After receipt, you can cancel your order within 48 hours. After that, you no longer have the right to return. Unfortunately, customized products can neither be returned nor exchanged. For more information, please see our FAQ.

This watch model is made exclusively and individually for you. The delivery time is 10-12 working days. 10 - 12 days

bpZNXgQ.jpg

Soldato
Here it is, finally on the bracelet now that I got some links out. Loving it.

Lovely!

I really need to to hand my 1861 over to the AD for a warranty service, I just know I'll be without for a lengthy period of time and I'm still not out of the honey moon phase. It's now stopping though after 4 hours. Pretty annoying that it's displaying such a serious issue with the movement so soon after purchase. But I appreciate these things do happen and I got a lemon.

Decided... A Laco will rejoin my collection :cool:

Impressive that these are WR 200m rated in such a slim case. Seiko had to beef up the Alpinist to nearly 13mm to get 200m.... Needless to say I will be selling the ALpinist Ginza, as much as I like it, the Laco has been calling me all along and my trio of hand winding pilot watches has to be complete. I am selling the G-Shock too as that hasn't been worn in ages so no point keeping it. Eager to see what the movement finishings between the Stowa and Laco movements are since both are Sellita Top grade versions, Stowa being the SW215-1, Laco using the SW210-1.

I do like Laco and I was nearly tipped over the fence last year to get one, the Leipzeg.

Last edited:
Soldato
Again, I find myself looking at the Max Bill. Something about the design really speaks to me, I also like the numeral version of it over the non version. The font for the numerals just looks fantastic and really captures the essence of the idea behind the watch.

I've ruled out the manual wind model as I don't think it'll have enough presence on my wrist with it being 34mm. I appreciate a small dress watch, slipping under the cuff, but the videos I've seen of people wearing it with a larger wrist size, it's too small of a wear.

Last edited:

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Ah yes the Leipzeg looks quite similar with the sandblasted case. One thing I like about the style is the diamond crown, will be a nice contrast to the onion crown on the Stowa!

If the Max Bill hits your interests then I say do it. I saw this Laco Pro back in November time and I think I even posted a link to it in this thread but didn't go ahead and order it back then. Pretty clear it never left my mind so I came full circle and just did it. Like the Hamilton and Stowa, they too were watches I kept seeing and deciding on for some months before finally caving in and I still have those :D

Associate
Still waiting for my Max Bill. Ordered from first class watches which was showing out of stock and a 5-15 day wait. Call me impatient but we're at least 5 days in now and I'm still waiting :cry:.

I went with the hand wind which only appears to come on a brown strap but I wanted black for 'dressy' occasions so I've already got a black strap on the way :D

Soldato
Still waiting for my Max Bill. Ordered from first class watches which was showing out of stock and a 5-15 day wait. Call me impatient but we're at least 5 days in now and I'm still waiting :cry:.

I went with the hand wind which only appears to come on a brown strap but I wanted black for 'dressy' occasions so I've already got a black strap on the way :D

Here you are - you're (very) impatient!

Associate
Can't wear a watch. People have bought me them in the past but I can't keep them on more than a few hours without scratching or breaking them and I play guitar a lot so have to take them off for that because it's uncomfortable.

Associate
Casio WR
I was lucky enough to be given one of their new chronographs (Cobb) from Christmas and it really is very nice. The quality is there when compared to others in its category (longines, oris etc) however I think they have these brands beaten on dial design. It's a wonderful piece to look at. The only negative for me is the lume is quite weak.

My photo here doesn't really do it justice at all.

cJKCa2bl.jpg

Love this, might pull the trigger on the Resolute :)

Back
Top Bottom