What watch do you wear?

Soldato
I've been wearing the Max Bill for a week now exclusively at work, slips under the cuff with no issues and is so comfortable. I find that it pairs really nicely with a suit, not too flashy, but smart and understated. I can't see me changing the strap anytime soon, as it just works.
Love that! A colleauge has one of the new PRX Powerbeats but I think I'd still prefer one of these!

Soldato
Love that! A colleauge has one of the new PRX Powerbeats but I think I'd still prefer one of these!

Cheers dude! I'm not a fan of the look of those Tissots personally. I get the harp back to the 70's and the history but it looks a little too dated, I don't think it's aged well. Not very versatile either as it looks like you'd be stuck with it on the bracelet, the images I've seen with it on leather look not so good!

The Max Bill can get some stick for looking too clinical, which I can understand for the non numeral version. I think the numerals version really relaxes the vibe with such a great font choice. Someone at Junghans needs to have a word at those at C. Ward, AKA Mr. Arial font. :p

Man of Honour
In that simple style, if NOMOS did one in 38mm with curved lugs and not those long straight lugs, I'd be all over that. The Epsilon movement isn't anything special, but it was quite beautiful in decoration and very thin for an auto. I do miss the simpleness of that watch design though.

Maybe one day....

Soldato
Junghans and the NOMOS do get pitted against one another often, they are quite similar with their minimalistic design. Much richer history obviously with the Junghans with NOMOS being the new kids on the block.

5 years or so back I bought a piece that was a homage to NOMOS, to test the water. I can't remember exactly what it was, but it just never clicked with me, which surprised me as it was pretty good homage and I have a real thing for blue hands. With that, it killed my quest for a NOMOS there and then. I sold it after only a year and haven't looked at NOMOS since.

I rarely sell watches, so I guess that says something. Strange how you can be so turned off by a watch, it doesn't happen often with me. Normally at the research stage if a piece grabs me (and the NOMOS did), I'll be in for the long haul! Right to the point where I'd ditch the homage and go for the actual piece.

Man of Honour
I always liked NOMOS and still do and only sold the Ahoi Atlantik because because I fancied a change and the long lugs started to annoy me a little as well as the tiny crown. The dial however was just superb and the movement.

If they ever do a normal lugged one and in chrono form but with the same Ahoi Atlantik design then count me in :D

On another note though, I am quite annoyed Barton Bands still have not responded to my support request yet for sending me the wrong buckle colour on the grey cordura strap. Granted I've got the grey vintage buckle on there at the moment and that works but I would like to have the buckle I ordered. I don't think I will buy another strap from them if they don't get back to me soon. their prompt after submitting states someone will get back to you within 1-2 business days. It has been a week.

Still, cordura looks cool I guess.

lume_dial_desktop_am.jpg

Man of Honour
You realise that 50m is more than enough for showering with right?! :p

But the question has to be asked, why would you shower wearing a watch in the first place anyway even if it was 1000m I cannot think of anything more cumbersome than faffing with a watch whilst trying to scrub yourself in shower, then having to take it off when drying yourself because soap suds etc get under the strap and in watch crevices so then have to wash the watch out too.

Why do people make things overly complicated! Or do people not shower properly :p

Soldato
Why do people make things overly complicated! Or do people not shower properly :p
I've always found watch water resistance to be a comical aspect of watches.... it's got to be confusing to 'normal' people out there, unless I'm in the minority and don't have a 50m deep shower... :p

Can't say I wear my watches in the shower either, just seems a bit weird.... and having a wet strap (especially if it's not metal) would just do my head in.

Associate
I've always found watch water resistance to be a comical aspect of watches.... it's got to be confusing to 'normal' people out there, unless I'm in the minority and don't have a 50m deep shower... :p

Can't say I wear my watches in the shower either, just seems a bit weird.... and having a wet strap (especially if it's not metal) would just do my head in.

What, you never go down to 300m on your way to the shops?

Man of Honour
WR is more about the pressure rather than the temp as long as you're not showering in a steaming 60 degree shower or something! Although yeah, too much time in a steaming room could potentially soften the seal depending on the watch.Some brands even state showering is perfectly fine on their 50M watches.

Having said that, people out there doing swimming in salt water wearing just a Casio F-91W on the regular with no problems at all...

New Nico video out, gave me some lols:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom