What watch do you wear?

Associate
I am thinking about buying this watch. Owner says it's in okay condition and been serviced but I wouldn't know how to even check for that. Just wondered if the price was right at £240 and whether there was anything special to look out for when buying it, any hidden issues etc. Also would there be fakes of these considering the age?

I tried looking it up online but there seems to be very minimal information.
Screenshot-20220515-202532-Facebook.jpg

Thanks in advance

Soldato
I am thinking about buying this watch. Owner says it's in okay condition and been serviced but I wouldn't know how to even check for that. Just wondered if the price was right at £240 and whether there was anything special to look out for when buying it, any hidden issues etc. Also would there be fakes of these considering the age?

I tried looking it up online but there seems to be very minimal information.
Screenshot-20220515-202532-Facebook.jpg

Thanks in advance
Looks like a fun watch. I wouldn't worry too much at £240. There aren't many Omega's that have been serviced for such low outlay.

Associate
Oh no worries, I know this is not a "proper" Swiss made watch or anything like that.

My collection of watches is very diverse and I don't mind trying small/micro-brand models when I found one I like (like my Aision Tourbillon) but I always try to get as much as info possible before pulling the trigger.

In this case it seems a bit more difficult as there's really not much out there regarding this model apart from what is shown on Geckota website.

Soldato
No idea to be honest, never heard of the brand before coming across this video.
Sorry I was thinking of Gamages, a brand I've only ever seen on the shopping channels....you know, chrome that looks like plastic but not even good plastic.

Geckota I hadn't heard of until I visited the watchgecko site for straps, saw a few on there.

Soldato
I've been after a watch for a while now but I keep coming back to the Seamaster 300, I've always loved it and someone posted their black one and think I'm sold. Going to go for the blue one, the list price is £4840 but can get it discounted to £4100 if I buy it outright. Is that a good discount? Any retailers that offer better discounts than others? This is with Banks Lyon and Beaverbrooks said they'd match it too.

Soldato
I've been after a watch for a while now but I keep coming back to the Seamaster 300, I've always loved it and someone posted their black one and think I'm sold. Going to go for the blue one, the list price is £4840 but can get it discounted to £4100 if I buy it outright. Is that a good discount? Any retailers that offer better discounts than others? This is with Banks Lyon and Beaverbrooks said they'd match it too.
That's decent tbh. I got my Speedy for 3800 and I think 4200 was list at the time.

Associate
Anyone managed to nab a Black Bay Pro ? Im selling my Oris Aquis Carysfort GMT and Grand Seiko SBGN003 GMT to fund one although phoning around most places you need to go in store and register interest then wait however long it takes to get one, tempted to pay eBay prices but if its only a few months wait ill stick it out.

OG

OG

Associate
Not exactly the same but I recently took delivery of the Heritage 300, I ordered mine from Hugh Rice in Harrogate after visiting them a few weeks back, they kindly threw in an Omega leather strap but wouldn't budge on the RRP. Turned up yesterday and I'm extremely happy, still quite amazed how well it wears considering my rather small 15cm wrist size. quick picture:

Thbz9lg.jpg

Back
Top Bottom