• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

What will the Ivybridge replacement be for Intel Core i7-2700K 3.50GHz (Sandybridge)

Associate
I think the 4000 series will be reserved for the next generation of Intel CPUs (haswell) and IB-E. This is going off the current naming strategy considering the 3000 series is IB and SB-E, so it only makes sense that the 4000 series will be haswell and IB-E.

Associate
There's a whisper that its been brought forward to the 23rd. I wouldn't like to comment on the credibility of this though. What's a week when you have been waiting a year anyway...

It has been confirmed by Intel now, but it could only be a few Prebuilts and Laptops that will be readily available for the 23rd. I am just hoping they will be on OcUK before the 10% discount runs out :3

Associate
MSI has released these laptops, a week or so ago.

Some of these laptops include the Ivy Bridge processor. However it seems they are not specified on which Ivy Bridge processor they use.

Strange...

Associate
Tbh, I'm just going to wait until it launches and also when more reviews shoot out until I decide if ill will go with Sandy or Ivy. At this stage its looking dodgy for Ivy on the temps but hopefully things turn out different.

I just hope Intel doesn't make another Presscot in our hands.

Back
Top Bottom