What you wouldn't expect from some aftermarket wheels...

Soldato
Sorry, but I can't work out what happened there? Was it that there were no nuts on those studs?
I can't understand how all four wheels would come off otherwise? Setup? :confused:

emailiscrap said:
Sorry, but I can't work out what happened there? Was it that there were no nuts on those studs?
I can't understand how all four wheels would come off otherwise? Setup? :confused:
wrong sized nuts
"He was sold the wrong size lug nuts.
Checked after the event, they would torque down but with a lateral load they would jump threads"

Associate
challengedavid said:
wrong sized nuts
"He was sold the wrong size lug nuts.
Checked after the event, they would torque down but with a lateral load they would jump threads"

they would feel wrong on the threads and I seriously doubt they would torque down properly - anyone who knew what they were doing would know they were wrong when fitting the lug nuts

Associate
Dogbreath said:
<rant> We live in the UK, 'lug' nuts do not exist here. The fasteners holding your wheels on are wheel nuts (or bolts), unless you are attaching lugs to your hubs. </rant>

I've been brought up around, in and working on American cars so my lingo is distinctly yank :) lug nuts are the nuts that go onto the wheel lugs which are fixed into the hub see

Soldato
Nitro_Junkie said:
I've been brought up around, in and working on American cars so my lingo is distinctly yank :) lug nuts are the nuts that go onto the wheel lugs which are fixed into the hub see

Nope, they would be the studs :)

Deleted member 329

D

Deleted member 329

ouch

how embrassing

he must have looked lke a fool infront of his race buddies

Back
Top Bottom