What’s a stable 8086k voltage on air?

Associate
Ive managed to do a quick test at 5.1GHz and I’m getting around 87c max @ 1.295v. Is this normal? I have a nh-d15 with two fans running on the cpu heatsink.

The temps are in prime95 with small fft.

Soldato
That's a pretty good voltage for the clock speed I'd say! But temperatures seem high, although considering the overclock and the fact you're on air it's understandable. Can you improve case airflow at all?

If it's properly stable I'd stick with it!

Associate
OP
That's a pretty good voltage for the clock speed I'd say! But temperatures seem high, although considering the overclock and the fact you're on air it's understandable. Can you improve case airflow at all?

If it's properly stable I'd stick with it!

Seems I’m getting errors on some threads under those voltages and conditions so I’ve had to up voltage. I’m at 5.2 with a -1 avc offset @ 1.3v at the moment. I’m trying to get stable on small fft, but may just use blend.

Airflow wise I have 3x 120x fans blowing in at the front and 1x120 at the back blowing out. Thinking of adding 2x 120 blowing in st the top too. Case is a meshify c.

Edit - Under Aida64 it seems a lot more stable with better temps.

Last edited:
Soldato
Which fans? I've got meshify c and the stock fans were useless. I've got one extracting now basically to try to smooth air flow rather than actually move air by itself.

Associate
OP
Which fans? I've got meshify c and the stock fans were useless. I've got one extracting now basically to try to smooth air flow rather than actually move air by itself.

I have two of the original fans and three Noctua fans with the silent adapter. Thinking of adding two more Noctua fans. What’s your airflow like? What setup do you have?

OcUK Staff
Oh OK so should do 5.2 1.375v or so. But probs needing better cooling.... I mean if your gaming it won't hit high temps just run at these settings go....

You don't play prime!!! Just use it as normal ..

Associate
OP
Oh OK so should do 5.2 1.375v or so. But probs needing better cooling.... I mean if your gaming it won't hit high temps just run at these settings go....

You don't play prime!!! Just use it as normal ..

I’m using it mainly for video editing on DaVinci Resolve, which to be honest is more GPU intensive than CPU, but also uses the CPU for encoding etc.

What software do you guys use to test the cpus? Aida is giving me much more stable results.

Soldato
I have a pair of the phanetks 140mm (140MP I believe), you can get 2 for about £17 from OCUK which is cheaper than anywhere else. Very good pressure ratings, so able to actually draw in air through the filter of the meshify.

When I went from the 2 stock fans at intake, to the 2 140mm, I saw about a 10C drop in internal case temps, which obviously has a huge knock on effect on CPU and GPU top temps, especially over longer periods.

Back
Top Bottom