What's cooking for Sunday Lunch? (26/02/12)

Godfather
Godfather
These Sunday cooking posts are becoming quite a habit of mine. This week I thought I'd start the thread a day early, just to give everyone a bit more time for inspiration.

To start I will be preparing something very simple yet tasty. Raymond Blanc's "Kitchen Secrets" book influenced my main course and it will be the first time I have cooked with cream for at least a year. Don't count the calories on this one :eek:

Starter
Mozzarella di Bufala Campana, cherry tomatoes and basil infused extra-virgin olive oil.

Main Course
Slow-roast shoulder of lamb, dauphinoise potatoes, roasted vegetables made with carrots, shallots, garlic and rosemary.

Will pick a decent bottle of red and finish off with cheese. So not the most complex meal to cook but as always with food like this, quality of ingredients and timing is critical. I've been down to the local market this morning and the veggies are all superb.

What are you planning to cook tomorrow?

Man of Honour
Sounds fantastic, can I come.

Going to do lamb kebabs and flat bread, on the BBQ if I have enough charcoal left.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Nothing as I'll be (if lucky) in bed sleeping due to another pending nightshift. That said make sure you post some pics as I'll be off next weekend and inspiration is a great thing.

Soldato
Pot-roast Beef Brisket, Aberdeen Angus. I really like Brisket it has a wonderful texture and flavour. I don't know why it's underrated.

Served with roast potatoes, roasted squash, carrots, purple sprouting, (subject to change) and of course Yorkshire Pudding.

Soldato
Rack of Lamb with a herb crust
Fondant Potato
Carrots and Green Beans

Raymond Blanc's "Kitchen Secrets" book influenced my main course and it will be the first time I have cooked with cream for at least a year. Don't count the calories on this one :eek:

Awsome book, i have done his 5 day residential course at Le Manoir aux Quat'Saisons , and its life changing, changed the way i cook fundamentally

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom