What's going on with my bank account?

Man of Honour
fbTQh.jpg

So yeah, there's a number of things wrong with that picture.

1) It's only September 17th but the transaction was supposedly on the 19th :confused:

2) The greened out information is the last four digits of my debit card. The same debit card that expired a month ago and was chopped into little bits and thrown away. I made sure that the chip was completely destroyed and that all numbers were unrecognisable. Even if they did have my card number, how would they use an expired debit card?

3) I didn't make any of those transactions, I am on O2 but I have a £36pm contract so I have no need to top up my phone, or get travel insurance!

So what the hell is going on? Is it just a mistake (not sure how) that could be easily corrected or has someone managed to somehow use my expired debit card in the future? :D :(

Ps. I'll be at the bank first thing Monday.

RJC

RJC

Don
Indeed, contact the fraud department and get you account suspended!

Had my Credit card cloned last year, about £600 worth of stuff.

Caporegime
What everyone else says... they're just testing it out... now they know it hasn't been cancelled they'll go buying anything and everything that they can.

POB

POB

Soldato
Banks often show transactions due to happen on Monday over the weekend on statement, especially direct debits etc.

Fraudsters seem to use mobile topups as a way to test if they have a live account.

Man of Honour
OP
Banks often show transactions due to happen on Monday over the weekend on statement, especially direct debits etc.

Fraudsters seem to use mobile topups as a way to test if they have a live account.

I Was curious about how they managed to make a transaction in the future!

I've called and they said they're looking in to it and the money and card would be sorted out. I would have called earlier but I didn't realise it was a 24/7 service.

I'm guessing it's partly Lloyds fault for not cancelling an expired card? Im still thinking about they've managed to access my account...

Soldato
I Was curious about how they managed to make a transaction in the future!

I've called and they said they're looking in to it and the money and card would be sorted out. I would have called earlier but I didn't realise it was a 24/7 service.

I'm guessing it's partly Lloyds fault for not cancelling an expired card? Im still thinking about they've managed to access my account...

Your highly lucky you got it just in time, my mum had the same thing happen and they spent thousands (including flights out the country and back again and hotels) She only got half back.

Soldato
some thing must have changed, ive just logged into mine and ive got transactions out on the 19th ... and if u add up the 3 transactions , it does basicly add up to the £36 u pay to them ? maybe its been broken down for some reason

Man of Honour
OP
some thing must have changed, ive just logged into mine and ive got transactions out on the 19th ... and if u add up the 3 transactions , it does basicly add up to the £36 u pay to them ? maybe its been broken down for some reason

I thought this at first, but the O2 transactions only equal £30. Even if you add the other transaction it's still a few pence short of my bill for the month and there's no reason for it to be listed as insurance.

POB

POB

Soldato

His contract would be on a direct debit anyway and not the debit card.

Caporegime
I've got a similar problem. A random £100 withdrawal on the 12th, despite the fact that I was home all day. Not lost my card or anything. :confused:

Still haven't called the bank yet. :o

Associate
fyi....the date on the statement isn't the date it was transacted by the merchant.... I noticed this because I look at my statement a lot and it takes 2-3 days for it to show after the transaction occurred... it shows the date payment was registered as taken on your account...not the date taken.... it seems weird...

Permabanned
I've got a similar problem. A random £100 withdrawal on the 12th, despite the fact that I was home all day. Not lost my card or anything. :confused:

Still haven't called the bank yet. :o

well the bank may not refund you if they know you know about it i.e by logging into your account, because you haven't notified them as soon as you knew

Bar

Bar

Soldato
Call the bank and let them know about any unusual transactions. They will deal with it there and then.

Caporegime
Well I just called NatWest and the guy gave me their fraud number, and said it'll be open after 8am on Monday... I thought it was available 24/7? :confused:

Back
Top Bottom