whats good CPU that will go with this motherboard ?

Associate
im trying to figure out what is a good CPU to buy for this board that i have please if anyone can lend a hand?

Gigabyte B450M DS3H mATX Motherboard for AMD AM4 CPUs

i was after buying a CPU and some memory

Associate
There's not much choice due to most pre zen 3 CPUs sold out. But even so the 3600 is a great CPU. I wouldve liked to suggest a cheaper one as a potential option if budget constrained.

RAM just wants xmp being enabled in bios, it help increase speed a bit. Having slower ram will save a mere few quid. 16gb is preferred given you have a very capable CPU. So no point cutting budget here. There might be some other RAM that's a few quid more with better timings, but there won't be much at all in it.

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £272.68 (includes shipping: £8.70)​

Soldato
What's your budget and what you're doing with the PC?

Good buys for Zen+ are mainly second hand now, anything like a 1600 AF or 2600/X around £80 or 2700/X around £120 or less, is decent value.

The 3500X should be the budget 6 core, but new it seems to be way overpriced. It used to be less than £130.

Associate
OP
thanks, and i will be using it for gaming, i think the 3600 will be ok i did have a budget of £340, seeing as i already bought the mb before i want to stay with the board so if these suggestions are that would be great :) i will most likely also stay with my PowerColor Radeon RX 580 Red Dragon V2 8192MB GDDR5 and win7 64bit for now.

Associate
thanks, and i will be using it for gaming, i think the 3600 will be ok i did have a budget of £340, seeing as i already bought the mb before i want to stay with the board so if these suggestions are that would be great :) i will most likely also stay with my PowerColor Radeon RX 580 Red Dragon V2 8192MB GDDR5 and win7 64bit for now.

If you get a 3600 the 580 gpu will be the bottleneck rather than the cpu, they are a balanced match

Associate
OP
There's not much choice due to most pre zen 3 CPUs sold out. But even so the 3600 is a great CPU. I wouldve liked to suggest a cheaper one as a potential option if budget constrained.

RAM just wants xmp being enabled in bios, it help increase speed a bit. Having slower ram will save a mere few quid. 16gb is preferred given you have a very capable CPU. So no point cutting budget here. There might be some other RAM that's a few quid more with better timings, but there won't be much at all in it.

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £272.68 (includes shipping: £8.70)

thanks im about to buy these items, can you help in finding a good airflow case as i need fans at front with mesh but theres so many about lol.

Associate
Fractal Design Meshify C

It comes in tinted glass or normal.
Tinted in my opinion is best as when the PC is off it looks opaque, but when the RGBs are on it lights up.

Top Bottom