Whats happened to the 165hz IPS monitors?

Soldato
OP
Well the monitor came today, its not bad. I couldn't get it to work to start with, the screen was flickering like crazy and then turned itself off. I used the cable that came with it then it worked fine.

There's no dead pixels that I can notice so far. It also does not have the orange glow in the corners the previous monitors had. Instead it has a silver glow in the bottom right hand corner, and slight in the other corners, but its not as bad as the orange, nowhere near. I think its back light bleed or whatever, if you move head then it gets worse. Its only in really dark scenes that its noticeable, so I think I can live with it.

On another note Battlefield 1 looks amazing on it.

Associate
Well the monitor came today, its not bad. I couldn't get it to work to start with, the screen was flickering like crazy and then turned itself off. I used the cable that came with it then it worked fine.

There's no dead pixels that I can notice so far. It also does not have the orange glow in the corners the previous monitors had. Instead it has a silver glow in the bottom right hand corner, and slight in the other corners, but its not as bad as the orange, nowhere near. I think its back light bleed or whatever, if you move head then it gets worse. Its only in really dark scenes that its noticeable, so I think I can live with it.

On another note Battlefield 1 looks amazing on it.
Same with mine, no problems with it, no bad pixels, just a little backlight bleed but I have to look for it, I am very pleased with mine, graphics look excellent

Associate
What a screen! Planned to write this sooner but too busy enjoying it with gaming etc hah :D

No issues with mine, a little bit of silver/white BLB at the bottom right but can hardly notice it at all unless staring at a completely black screen. This is the best monitor I've ever used, no input lag or anything, 165hz is so nice and once go to 1440p never want to go back, such a big difference for multitasking in windows and games a lot sharper etc! 3.5m pixels to render instead of 2m at 1080p but my 980Ti holds up very nicely indeed!

Associate
I've been trying to get one of these for two months now. No where stocks them, or when they do they've all been taken during the preorder window.

I wish the r9 was out so I could just go mg279q

Soldato
Stores want nothing to do with that AU Optronics nightmare, the return rates are way too high.

I agree.

While the Benq 2730Z is amazing monitor, I am in the process for a second RMA and replacement currently. Every 9 months goes pop, with blurry fonts and flickering before even connect it to a PC. Worst is the the warranty (2 years) expires in April. Which means I will keep it until the new Samsung screens come out, and going to sell it for £150-200.

Associate
Been waiting for the Viewsonic, no idea what they're doing with that, it's been `released` for about 2 months now and can only find one pre-order on a main shop. From what I've read it's better than the AOC in a few areas so I wont bother with that one.

Back
Top Bottom