1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Whats it with girls and height?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Justintime, Dec 9, 2019.

1. bainbridge

Mobster

I don't think healthy genes is the main reason, it's western food. Take eastern cultures, thais for example. They have a healthy diet but thai fighters have got bigger and taller over recent years. They were always healthy and hard as nails, but now they're bigger.

2. secretspy

Soldato

I've dated blokes who are just slightly taller than me and a couple who were considerably taller but I never went out of my way to check their height before I considered dating them.

I'll admit it is nice to have a guy who is taller than me as I feel safe/protected (which probably partly stems from a need to feel that way because of things that have happened) but I don't think I've ever said to someone that I couldn't date them because they're shorter than me. I think it's just always been the case that the guys that have approached me/messaged with me on a dating app have just happened to be taller :o

I would actually be more thinking "would the guy be embarrassed if I put heels on and end up being taller than him". (I did actually have an ex who really wasn't happy with me wearing high heels :rolleyes:)

Those screenshots of the messages though are shocking. How rude! I don't blame the guys for going back and questioning their weight.

3. Mikeey

Associate

This is starting to get into the dilemma of: would you rather be under 5ft 9 and decent enough looking or 5ft 10 and above but butt-ugly. Personally I’d choose the former.

4. Dis86

Capodecina

Depends if it's a sudden switch or gradual thing. At 5.10 am I suddenly the elephant man or more like myself whereas at 6.6 I'm looking like blue waffle incarnate?

5. Evangelion

Capodecina

I'm a paltry 170cm, and height has never been a problem for me. I'm even married with kids, so I must be doing something right.

:confused:

6. NVP

Soldato

If you ever need advice on chains and padlocks @Evangelion is your man. When was the last time she was allowed some daylight?

7. grimm

Mobster

You must have personality and/or money :D

8. Evangelion

Capodecina

Hey, she gets three square meals and free accomodation, I don't want to hear any complaints! :p

One outta two ain't bad! :D

9. SpeedFreak

Soldato

I'm not tall at 5ft 7. It's not really bothered me, I'm lucky to have been compensated with above average intelligence and an aptitude for most sports. I'm sure it has stopped me from getting some girls but I was probably too oblivious to really notice. As a few have mentioned, the irony in the past is when girls have mentioned I'm short and they are my height with heels.

I've posted this in a previous thread which made me laugh :D (sent to me by a 6ft 7 friend)

https://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/society/tall-man-thinks-its-an-achievement-20190215182505

10. ttaskmaster

Sgarrista

Since you gave your measurements in Euro, presumably she's foreign and you lured her in with the promise of a Green Card?

11. Evangelion

Capodecina

I'm Australian, and I married an English girl after emigrating to the UK in 2004.

:)

12. Dis86

Capodecina

Married or abducted?

13. builder22

Mobster

5ft 9 is where it's at...that makes you 69 inches :p

14. Evangelion

Capodecina

Married in 2005; imported to Australia in 2009.

:D

15. Dis86

Capodecina

:D

16. ttaskmaster

Sgarrista

So same thing, but role-reversed, then...? :p

17. Bassmansam

Wise Guy

Im barely 5 2 but all of my family are short :p

18. Greebo

Caporegime

Difference in height can go too far though. Friends of mine stated dating when we were young, he was 6' 2" and she was 5' dead. They just always looked odd together as the gap was just too much.

19. Bassmansam

Wise Guy

Are they still together?

20. R.P.L

Hitman

I'm 5'9", which seems to be pretty much bang on average (in the UK and US at least). I'm also in good shape and decent looking according to most people, but my repellant personality renders all of that largely academic.