Whats that site for ordering from the US and delivering to UK?

Soldato
This seems quite intriging - does this mean you can rent an address in the US and ship to there, which then forwards to the uk for you at a smaller price, not getting stung for over-zealous US sellers on ebay?

Or is it a "by each purchase" kind of operation - I would like to rent an address to forward from the US! would open up the world of eBay US to me!

Does it only work for eBay or any US online shops?

Thanks in advance!

Rich

Soldato
You pay £9.99/year to rent the address, then you pay for the shipping on top depending on the weight, which ranges from £59.99 to £199.99.

It can be done on anything you buy from the US.

When you rent the address you just get given a number, which you add to top of the address so they know who to forward it to:

Parcel2Go Inc
Some Random Place
Redneck County
Florida
U.S.A

It's good if the shop you are ordering from doesn't delivery to the U.K, or the item is very heavy. But otherwise it's usually cheaper to get the shop to ship it across by USPS or Fedex.

I've never used the service though.

Soldato
As said above it's basically a way of getting around the "Will only ship to the US/Canada" that a lot of US websites say.
You'd still ultimately be responsible for import tax and VAT however.

It's also interesting to note the following if you follow the link above through:

"We are not taking anymore new US address rentals at this present time. This does not affect current customers"

So maybe it is all a little too much hassle for them.

Permabanned
Guys, i just thought of something, who needs parcel2go, they are not accepting any more parcels at their address for UK delivery, so i thought i could just rent a us mail box, i did some searching and well the price isn't like as cheap as parcel2go but getting your own courier is way cheaper.

Back
Top Bottom