What's the best place to advertise a room for rent?

Soldato
Following on from my long list of posts regarding my new flat, such as "What Mortgage Should I get", "Woot! I got the flat!" and "What should I get for my new cinema room?!" I now bring you "What's the best place to advertise a room for rent?" (now in technicolor!)

I've done the usual suspects, Gumtree and Spare Room, but has anyone had much success with any others?

I notice some let you post free ads but then make at least one person pay to send messages between accounts. Could be good for me as I'm in no rush, so would just wait on the other person to cough up the money :)

Anyway, any suggestions?

Soldato
OP
Loot seems to have specific "premium" categories, one of them being "Flatshare offered", that you get charged for. So that's a no go at the moment as I've got a month to find someone.

Nestoria, for my area at least, seems to only list Find A Property and City Lets. Both of these seem to be more geared towards letting companies rather than people looking for flatshares. Zoopla has come up though, which is partnered with Easyroommate, so I've registered with them.

where is your flat?

Dundee, Scotland

Soldato
OP
Oh, looks like a hit from Gumtree!

Cheers for the suggestions guys. Of course, if anyone knows anyone looking for a flat with a fellow OcUKer then let me know! :)

Soldato
Tried getting people you know to advertise on their staff noticeboards in large local organisations? I.e. Hospitals and police?

Associate
oi you! get off my patch!

I just advertise gumtree & spare room, interest seems to come in waves so set your price and just hold out for a bit. Dundee is obv very student based so that can have a huge impact on how easy it is to find people.

Back
Top Bottom