What's the difference....EK-VTX and EK-D5

Associate
Hi Fellow OCukers,

I am looking to do my first WC set-up and I've decided to go for the Thermaltake Level 20 XT case, and I am now looking at pump/reservoirs...can someone explain in layman terms the difference in these two pumps? I can see people saying VTX would be better for more complicated loops, but the D5 looks more powerful so how does that work?

Regards

Man of Honour
Personally, the D5 everytime, space permitting, then the DDC ( the square pumps ).

The VTX is EKs own and will only be sold as a combo with the reservoirs, so you are tied to them if anything goes wrong.

If you need to replace a standard D5 or DDC pump they are easy to pick up from retailers, so you are up and running again in a few days as oppose to a complete RMA of the pump/res to EK which could take weeks.

More info here ;

https://smallformfactor.net/forum/threads/ekwb-vtx-pumps.13058/

Associate
I 2nd the D5 recommendation, simply because they are so plentiful, and touch wood, I've never had an issue with them, run 1 d5 pump for 5 years

Associate
I've had a D5 running my loop for 7 years now with no issues. Very rarely hear anything bad about them and they're really widely supported by plenty of manufacturers when it comes to tops and top/res combos.

would definitely stick with the D5 if mine died.

Associate
OP
I've had a D5 running my loop for 7 years now with no issues. Very rarely hear anything bad about them and they're really widely supported by plenty of manufacturers when it comes to tops and top/res combos.

would definitely stick with the D5 if mine died.

Yea more I read up ppl do seem to swear by them!

Associate
Personally, the D5 everytime, space permitting, then the DDC ( the square pumps ).

The VTX is EKs own and will only be sold as a combo with the reservoirs, so you are tied to them if anything goes wrong.

If you need to replace a standard D5 or DDC pump they are easy to pick up from retailers, so you are up and running again in a few days as oppose to a complete RMA of the pump/res to EK which could take weeks.

More info here ;

https://smallformfactor.net/forum/threads/ekwb-vtx-pumps.13058/
Now I’m considering the VTX for my next build.

Back
Top Bottom