• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Whats the "normal" idle temp for AMD Phenom X4 Quad Core 9850 2.50GHz Black Edition ?

Associate
Does anyone know what the "normal" idle temperature for the AMD Phenom X4 Quad Core 9850 2.50GHz Black Edition would be?

Is anyone running one of these chips and can tell me their idle temp?

I am running one of these in my system in the minute, cooled by a Zalman CNPS9700-LED CPU Cooler using Arctic Silver 5 thermal compound.

The base idle temperature is around 41 degrees, which I suspect is a little high.

I might well be wrong here so, what's the opinion from the community?

Thanks.

-Ed.

Soldato
mine idle at 35-36c

captureyw8.jpg

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Does anyone know what the "normal" idle temperature for the AMD Phenom X4 Quad Core 9850 2.50GHz Black Edition would be?

Is anyone running one of these chips and can tell me their idle temp?

I am running one of these in my system in the minute, cooled by a Zalman CNPS9700-LED CPU Cooler using Arctic Silver 5 thermal compound.

The base idle temperature is around 41 degrees, which I suspect is a little high.

I might well be wrong here so, what's the opinion from the community?

Thanks.

-Ed.

I do apologise for posting, especially when I have no direct experience of the chip in question, but asking for average idle temps is likely to get you wildly different answers.

Everybody will have a differents cases, different ventilation for said cases, different motherboard construction and layout (yes, this makes a difference), efficacy of the sensor and its reliability at measuring the core temperature and the cooling method of the chip/type of heatsink/etc.

I think the generally accepted/acceptable average is between 30-45oC depending on componentry. The only temperature you should really be concerned with in 99.9% of cases is the load temperature.

Back
Top Bottom