What's the sweetest spot for gaming the 4 6, 8, 12 cores?

Associate
What's the sweetest spot for gaming the 6, 8, 12 cores? is the 5950x 16 cores futureproof for 5 years from now for gaming?? against 6 and 8 and 12 cores??

How many cores do generally ask for?

Can games play better at 8 and 12 cores than the six cores right now?

Do you think the eight cores from next year will be the standar in relation to the six cores?

Do you think the 8 and 12 cores from next year will be more demading and more recommended for new games? in relation to the 6 and 4 cores?

Last edited:
Soldato
It's most definitely 6 cores.

You can get more fps with more than 6 cores however it's very unreliable across games and worst of all, you get very little fps gain.

To justify more than 6 cores you have to cross out value for money and replace with something else. Like wanting the maximum possible fps whatever it costs. Or doing multiple activites at once alongside gaming.

"Future proofing" is a blind gamble. AMD has made 8 cores available for reasonable money for some years now and 6 cores is still the way to go for gaming especially since they've made their cores faster every year.

Associate
OP
6 is the general minimum for a great experience, 12 and 16 cores will yield gains in some games, and i believe in 5 years from now you will need 16 cores/../

6 cores will be last for one year from now.. 8 cores will be last for 3 years max.. more games day by day, year per year will untilize 12 and 16 cores

so if someone wants future proof i believe 16 cores is the bet for this...

all the people say 6 core is ok for gaming.,. you dont need 8 or 12 or 16 core..
most peoply say 6 and 8 cores will be ok for the next 4 years,.
i dont believe it

i believe that 6 cores from the next year will be the minimum and 8 cores will be maxinum,,

more games slowly will come for 12 and 16 cores..

lets take example cyberpank i have seen in benchmark with 10900k and 6800tx that there is bottleneck from the cpu and not from the card 6800xt

but there is one question..

for 2018-2020 the games were ok for six cores .. but the question is do we know from the next year when will be more upcoming games if will be demanding in more than 6 cores./.??
because i believe from next year more games will be demanding in more than 6 cores./.

all the benchamarks that we have seen so far is based in games from 2018 and some from 2020 so ok 6 cores are ok now.. but 6 cores wll be ok from the next year???

Last edited:
Soldato
6 is the general minimum for a great experience, 12 and 16 cores will yield gains in some games, and i believe in 5 years from now you will need 16 cores/../

6 cores will be last for one year from now.. 8 cores will be last for 3 years max.. more games day by day, year per year will untilize 12 and 16 cores

Are you answering the thread you started yesterday.

Associate
OP
Are you answering the thread you started yesterday.

all the people say 6 core is ok for gaming.,. you dont need 8 or 12 or 16 core..
i dont believe it

i believe that 6 cores from the next year will be the minimum and 8 cores will be maxinum,,

more games slowly will come for 12 and 16 cores..

lets take example cyberpank i have seen in benchmark with 10900k and 6800tx that there is bottleneck from the cpu and not from the card 6800xt

but there is one question..

for 2018-2020 the games were ok for six cores .. but the question is do we know from the next year when will be more upcoming games if will be demanding in more than 6 cores./.??
because i believe from next year more games will be demanding in more than 6 cores./.

all the benchamarks that we have seen so far is based in games from 2018 and some from 2020 so ok 6 cores are ok now.. but 6 cores wll be ok from the next year???

do we know if the games from 2021 and 2022 will be ok with six cores??

is the 5950x 16 cores futureproof for 5 years from now for gaming?? against 6 and 8 and 12 cores??

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Right now 6 cores is the sweet stop. Beyond that you're adding a bit of future proofing.
is the 5950x 16 cores futureproof for 5 years from now for gaming?? against 6 and 8 and 12 cores??

i dont believe it

Associate

i dont believe it

It's difficult to be certain what will be the case five years into the future, but I suspect the 5950X will be a lot more future proof. Games are starting to make use of eight or more cores, and that's a trend that will only continue, so you've just more more horsepower under the hood with a 5950X, and games will be able to use it.

So yeah, it'll be more future proof, the only caveat is that it might make sense to pick up a 5950X CPU in a few years, rather than pay a fortune now.

Associate
OP
It's difficult to be certain what will be the case five years into the future, but I suspect the 5950X will be a lot more future proof. Games are starting to make use of eight or more cores, and that's a trend that will only continue, so you've just more more horsepower under the hood with a 5950X, and games will be able to use it.

So yeah, it'll be more future proof, the only caveat is that it might make sense to pick up a 5950X CPU in a few years, rather than pay a fortune now.

which games are starting to make use of eight or more cores,???

Associate
I’d say 8 cores minimum now. Buying anything less for gaming in 2021 is pointless.

COD maxes out 8 core intel cpus already, though that game has awful optimisations.

Back
Top Bottom