What's this inside my EKWB fitting?

Associate
This is an EKWB 90degree rotary fitting, that I've never used and when I took it out of the little bag it came in, I found the inside looked like this!

Has anyone had fittings arrive like this before? I bought them just over a month ago from OCUK and had now got enough of my loop parts that I am starting to assemble it. Should I see if OCUK will accept a return, or will this come out if I use white vinegar in a distilled water solution, like I did when flushing out my radiator?

Ta :)

IMG-20190308-185157.jpg

Soldato
They are only painted or plated brass depending on what you get. So all that is inside is brass which has had a light spatter of paint. Most i've had have been painted the same inside and out, but ive had a couple like that on the inside. Essentially they just havent been painted all that well on the inside is all.

Still nothing to worry about, won't cause any issues with your loop.

Associate
OP
They are only painted or plated brass depending on what you get. So all that is inside is brass which has had a light spatter of paint. Most i've had have been painted the same inside and out, but ive had a couple like that on the inside. Essentially they just havent been painted all that well on the inside is all.

Still nothing to worry about, won't cause any issues with your loop.

Great, thanks :)

Back
Top Bottom