whats this port game

Soldato
20032009032.jpg

ok peeps its time to play guess the port game !!!

what is this port ?

Associate
Found what it is... quite possibly anyway. Well, found a cable that plugs into it on another site, but the description is:

USB to RS232 (9-pin) Adapter ** Windows Vista serial usb adapter, usb to serial adaptor USB to RS-232 Serial Adapter Many of the new laptops DO NOT have standard RS-232 serial ports or may have only one port when you need two. This adapter allows for a fast and inexpensive way to add additional ports. This COOL MINI ADAPTER makes it possible to connect a 9-pin serial device such as an older external modem/pda/phone/etc. to a modern USB port. There is no better USB to Serial adapter out there, this one works with all serial devices by using www.ftdichip.com electonics! --> General Features: - USB to RS232 (9-pin) Cable - Small Adapter - Connect a 9-pin Serial device to a PC with USB interface - For Windows 98/2000/XP - Easy to install --> Retail Blister Pack includes: - USB to RS232 (9-pin) Adapter - USB driver CD-ROM Windows 98/2000/XP This mini USB to RS-232 Plug-in Adapter is designed to make serial port expansion quick and simple. Connecting to a USB port on your Tablet PC, notebook or PC, this USB-COM Plug-in adapter instantly adds RS-232 serial communication port to your system. The product is the smallest and most flexible USB to RS-232 Plug-in Adapter. It is featured with the biggest internal FIFO, 128 byte transmit and 384 byte receive FIFO, for high-speed data transfer rate. Plugging the mini USB-COM Plug-in Adapter to the USB 2.0 or 1.1 port, the adapter is automatically detected and installed. There are no IRQ & COM port conflicts, since the port doesnÂ?t need any additional IRQ, DMA, memory and I/O port as resources on the system. Complete Windows XP, 2003, 2000, ME, 98/SE drivers are included. The driver is WHQL certified for Windows XP. Features & Specifications * Adds RX-232 DB-9 port conveniently via USB connection * Installed as standard Windows COM port * Port number can be installed, or changed, to COM1/2/3/4 for Hyperterminal or to any COM port number you preferred * Full RS-232 modem data and control signals * Serial port speed up to 230K bps * RS-232 data signals: TxD, RxD, RTS, CTS, DSR, DTR, DCD, RI, GND * Two LED indicators for Tx/Rx status monitoring & diagnostics * Driver CD contains complete Windows XP, 2003, 2000, ME, 98/SE drivers & userÂ?s manual All brand names and trademarks are the property of their respective owners.

Art

Art

Associate
Found what it is... quite possibly anyway. Well, found a cable that plugs into it on another site, but the description is:

USB to RS232 (9-pin) Adapter

It does look like an old female 9 pin serial port, and the Dell site lists the dock with a legacy serial port. That'd be my guess, though they normally have screw holes. The icon would make you think it's an expansion for another dock though.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom