whats windows working on after WIN 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
im hoping they go for outright performance, never tried 7 yet as vista is doing me fine at the moment, but same here dont have a clue whats next after 7, which isnt released yet, talk about future planning:D:D

Associate
No doubt they'll come up with some new way of naming it - windows naming conventions never last more than a release or two.

1-3.11,
95/98,
xp,
vista,
windows 7
Plus all the NT, server 2003 etc which match no better than the consumer versions

1-3.11 are linked, 95 and 98 are linked. I guess you could argue that ME and XP are linked, although XP doesn't stand for anything.

My guess is that we'll get "Windows FusionExplode XL+"

Caporegime
although XP doesn't stand for anything.
Wrong, it stood for eXPerience.

Microsoft Press Release - Feb 05 2001 said:
REDMOND, Wash., Feb. 5, 2001 — Microsoft Corp. announced product names today for the upcoming new Microsoft® Windows® desktop operating system and Microsoft Office desktop applications suite. Windows (formerly code-named "Whistler" ) will become Windows XP, and Office (formerly code-named "Office 10" ) will become Office XP. The XP name is short for "experience," symbolizing the rich and extended user experiences Windows and Office can offer by embracing Web services that span a broad range of devices.

Associate
MS team already start to development Windows 8 last April and may come out in 2012 or later so Windows 8 still name on it and maybe MS change new name or stick as Windows 8 - still too early to say as Windows 7 still not come out until 22nd October.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom