Whats your most satisfying movie moment(s)?

Caporegime
What are the bits in movies that left you feeling most satisfied that all was well and justice had been done?

I have 2. The first one is from my childhood. In Superman 2, I thought Superman was done for when he came out of that chamber, but the thrill I got when he started crushing Zod's hand and the fanfare started playing was epic. Will never forget it.

Second is the ending to Unforgiven. As Munny goes off on his horse after avenging Ned's death, he turns round as the lightning strikes and says menacingly "You'd better bury Ned right, dont go cutting up or otherwise harming no whores, or I'll come back and kill everyone of you sons of bitches" Was the only moment when he truly looked like the cold blooded killer he actually was rather than an old farmer. Totally epic :)

So, what yours?

Caporegime
OP
When barnes was double tapped in platoon.
The timing, it wasn't a direct response to the goading, ir just happened.

Like your clint one, that was nice.

That reminds me of the bit at the start of Saving Private Ryan, when the soldier is hit on the helmet, he takes it off to have a look and promptly gets another one straight to the nut. Excellent timing.

Ripley blowing the Alien out of the airlock and it still hanging on trying to find a way back in till it went near the engines, then she ignites them.....soooo satisfying after being terrorised by the sod for two hours!

Man of Honour
One of them... The Warriors chase scene where they finally stop running, turn around and fight the Baseball Furies.

Another... Wanderers final scene where the gangs on the football pitch take on the Ducky Boys.

I'll think of some more :)

Soldato
when andy's plan comes to fruition in shawshank

when chris hangs the woman in the hateful eight

when butch shoots vega in pulp fiction

when dutch drops the trunk on the predator

Soldato
Shawshank - Andy final gets out of the sewer pipe and and stands arms out wide in the pond with the storm raging around him - best moment in my cinema history ever.

Soldato
The Terminator. Kyle Reese had a photo of Sarah Connor, where she looks to be contemplating something, that got destroyed in a Terminator attack in the late 2020s. When he's telling her about this in 1984, he says to her that he had always wondered what she had been thinking about when the photo was taken.

Fast forward to the end after Reese is dead and Sarah, preggers with his child, is down Mexico way where a young lad takes this photo just after she's dictated a message to future John about Reese. At the time of the photo she was thinking of him.

I liked that.

Permabanned
A couple on Star Trek 2. Kirk saying, Scotty we need warp speed in 3 minutes or we're all dead. Love that.

When they are stuck in the genesis cave and Kirk ask Spock if he's ready.

Associate
The Untouchables (1987)

Elliot Ness storms into Al Capone's Hotel to avenge a friend.

RoboCop (1987)

Petrol Station scene - RoboCop recognises one of his killers. You know all hell will break loose shortly thereafter.

Return of the Jedi (1983)

Luke Vs The Emperor/Darth Vader.

The Punisher (2004)

The whole film. :D

Soldato
when andy's plan comes to fruition in shawshank

This has to top lists for a lot of people. Unless you are a robot it is impossible not to have a massive level of emotional investment in the escape and the conclusion when he meets Red. The last 30 minutes of that movie is probably about as good as it gets.

A couple of other mentions :

-Jaws = "smile you son of a *****"

-Inception = Cobb wakes up and watches Saito slowly wake up, make a phone call, and Cobb walks through US immigration to meet his father.

Soldato
What are the bits in movies that left you feeling most satisfied that all was well and justice had been done?

I have 2. The first one is from my childhood. In Superman 2, I thought Superman was done for when he came out of that chamber, but the thrill I got when he started crushing Zod's hand and the fanfare started playing was epic. Will never forget it.

Definitely this for me too. I'd have not thought about that had you not mentioned it, so.. :D

Another is in The Matrix; when agents shoot the helicopter and it's going down after Neo and Trinity rescue Morpheus. Neo lands on the roof of a sky scraper holding the bungie cord watching it disappear in slow motion out of control over the edge. At that moment sat in the cinema, I remember thinking 'holy ****'. The conclusion to that scene was very satisfying. :D

Back
Top Bottom