Whats your most satisfying movie moment(s)?

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Star Wars and the attack on the death star ( I was 7 and space crazy ok)
Matrix.... New nothing about this film... End of uni, got mashed came out got even more mashed.. and watched it again 3 hrs later. (good times) Shame the rest of the films never really lived up to the first.

Amiele Just a lovely film with a lovely story

Soldato
In the Name of the Father. When the lawyer Gareth Pierce is able to see the files that the police had kept classified which corroborated their alibi. Then the court scene using that information that culminates in Gerry Conlon walking free. Went to the cinema three times to see it.

great thread idea. remember users this is about good moments, not good films. so if listing a film, list the moment you enjoyed within the film.

my favourite start to a movie and a great moment was in Star Trek (new films). the whole opening scene was amazing. it goes from calm exicitment of a new star trek movie, to the whole ship being destroyed, with great suicude heartfelt moment, followed by fantastic music playing out. the whole scene was brilliant.

when jack says "we have to go back"!!!!!

this scene!

and this one. the way batman is shown in control with the camera angle from left on him and right on joker, then it slow spins around to joker in control with the left angle and batman right, and the music intensity increasing and increasing, with batman so helpless was amazing

Last edited:
Soldato
13th Warrior - when Banderas's character learns the Northern tongue and hears them insulting him around the campfire, then comes out with a badass retort full of gentlemanly wit and politeness. And after which one of them pipes up "you speak our tongue" and he exclaims, "I... LISTENED!".

And the following scene where Bulwyf asks him if he can "draw sound" on which he proceeds to draw "there is no God but Allah..." in the sand - and the film returns to this when Bulwyf draws the same writing in the sand later on in the film.

I absolutely love those two scenes in that film - well tbh the whole film is awesome and underrated.

Man of Honour
A bit cliched but I'll have to include Shawshank, if I had to pick one specific moment it would be the 'poster' scene - it isn't conclusive, but it is highly satisfying because you know what it could represent.

Escape to Victory, pitch invasion at the end.

Aliens, when Ripley is tooling up to go back down the lift to fight the Queen. This may seem a strange choice but the reason I find it so satisfying is because unlike 99% of films, the hero(ine) does not choose to go into battle with their nemesis armed with only a peashooter and half a clip of ammo. Oh no. I don't recall the specific details but basically it's like.... assault rifle, grenade launcher attachment, fill up with ammo, splice a flamethrower onto it, stuff pockets full of ammo, put a harness on. At last, someone actually coming prepared for a fight rather than getting the ole 'click click' half way through.

Permabanned
Oh man, great thread! So many spring too mind!

Always loved the 'Incredibles', probably my favourite Pixar flick. That moment at the end when they all come together to take down Syndromes bot. Cheesey as hell but god I love it.

Jaws is a great shout too, as is Shawshank for obvious reasons.

Someone mentioned A Few Good Men. I'd agree, but I sort of sympathise with Jessup... I think that's why that whole speech is so legendary. You sort of feel guilty for understanding Jessup's perspective on things because he's basically right. Telling an extremely harsh but necessary truth, as it where.

The end of Speed where Jack finally gets him. Again, cheesey as hell but superb.

OH! How could I forget! Rise Of The Planet Of The Apes... "NNNNOOOO!". Gives me massive chills every time.

There's probably so many others I'm forgetting...

Last edited:
Caporegime
Lucky Number Slevin when Freeman and Kingsley realise that Hartnett is the boy from that job all those years ago..."no...it can't be you....you're dead"

Then Hartnetts line
"You two took away everything I ever loved...**** you both"

BOOM

Side note, Lucky Number Slevin is one of my top all time movies.

Associate
Aliens: "Get away from her you B......"

Usual Suspects where the limp disappears and the pieces start falling into place.

ESB "Obi-Wan never told you what happened to your father" etc

Soldato
T2 when the Terminator lifts John off his dirt bike and onto the Harley and the music lifts in time with it.

When Luke, Han, Lando, Leia and Chewie escape on the skiff. "Lets go and don't forget the droids" "We're on our way". Booooooooooom Jabba's barge explodes. Since Hoth it's the first time everyone is back together....feels good.

Associate
This scene at the end of The Sum of All Fears, where all the conspirators get their comeuppance. The car-bomb for the neo-Nazi using the cigar-lighter is particularly satisfying, given the nuclear bomb had been hidden in a cigarette vending machine earlier in the film.

Soldato
Quite a difficult one to think of actually as there are quite a few but probably one of my favourites is watching Golem slowly fall backwards down into the fires of Mount Doom, still trying to grasp the ring as he sinks down into the Lava and then the ring melting.

Sauron finally defeated, almost screaming as Barad Dur collapses. The energy pulse as he disappears causing the fracture in the ground and the destruction of all the structures around, the tears in Gandalfs eyes, the happiness of the others as they have finally defeated evil and all of it encompassed with an absolutely amazing piece of music.

Associate
The ending of Gattaca, when Vincent thinks he's been rumbled but the doctor knew all along and let him go anyway. Followed by Vincent and Eugene both 'leaving' earth together.

Brilliant film, brilliant ending.

Soldato
Leon: Stansfield receiving his comeuppance. I get a similar feeling when watching the ending to Payback.
Hard Target: The motorbike chase where van Damme's character starts to deal out some pain to the bounty hunters.

Back
Top Bottom