What's your personal GOAT ? (Game of all time)

Soldato
Bioshock Infinite. The story is just so clever, it still wipes me out every time I play through it. I don't re-play many games but I have 5 complete playthroughs of this gem. Love the soundtrack, sound effects, atmosphere, Elizabeth, Songbird, everything!

Soldato
Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory, Back in 2005 its what introduced me to online FPS when i first got my PC.

Also a worthy mention..

War Rock (another Free to play game) I'm talking about the OG 2006 version, Not the todays version which is the same however brought out by another company and completely ruined by P2W :(

Soldato
Infiltrator - C64. Started my love of gaming.
Left 4 Dead - 4828hrs and still play most weeks.
Last of Us - breathtaking on release.
MGS 1- breathtaking on release.
GTA series - played them all (not crappy MP).
Medal of Honor Allied Assault/Spearhead - actually played in a few clans and sunk far too many hours.
Res Evil 1

Would have to say Res Evil. Brought together my love of horror/zombies and gaming. Puzzles, gore, exploring the mansion - played this to death and the subsequent remasters and follow on titles.

Last edited:
Caporegime
If I had to pick one I would say World of Warcraft hands down. Vanilla obviously. Met so many great friends and sunk far too many hours in to admit.

Hopefully when the time comes and I retire that there will be something similar to play as I just do not have the time these days!

Honourable mention to C&C RA2 as it was the first online multiplayer game that I really got into.

Associate
Tetris - since I first got it on the original game boy around 1992 I have continued to play on various devices since and it never gets boring.

Soldato
F22 Total Air War (or TAW for short) - Released in 1998 I've ben playing it since then and still play it today.

It's a F-22 Raptor flight sim which has above average "flying" gameplay and "poor for now but great for 1998" graphics but what brings so many players back time and time again is the dynamic campaign system which is still the best system I've ever used in any game. Even after 25 years and what must be into 10,000+ hrs played I'm 100% sure I've never played the same mission twice. Whilst the general gameplay is based around flying an F-22, one of the best parts to the game is that it also allows you to play as the AWACS commander, effectively deciding the entire air warfare strategy for the various conflicts whilst also allowing you to jump in/out of various F22 cockpits "on the fly" to carry out their mission (or just going rogue) whilst controlling all the other friendly air asset's.

What I've love to happen, but never will, is for DCS level graphics to be ported across but for that to be the only change, literally nothing changed except better graphics. I think that if that game was released today, considering the lack of depth in "good/modern" flight sims, it'd do really well.

Soldato
Oooh too many to list really, if we are talking hours played then Streetfighter, Mario Kart and Counterstrike.

No mention of Dungeon Master or Zelda?

However, the game I most loved (I think lol) and therefore my vote, will be for Goldeneye :)

Back
Top Bottom