What's your personal GOAT ? (Game of all time)

Associate
Half Life for me. Ive spent more time on way more games since, but to me it's the one i remember the best.

Supreme Commander is a good shout! I still play FAF, though im not very good hah.

Associate
Elite on the BBC Micro

Graphics and gameplay were like nothing else I'd seen. Hours of fun. Nothing has come close to the wonder of playing that game time and again.

Soldato
Star Wars Galaxies, there's so many games I love but this one always stuck with me. Playing it again on the new server at swgemu and absolutely loving it.

Soldato
Half Life 2. Obvious choice, but it's the first thing I played when I got back into PC gaming in about 2008. It was an old game even then, but it absolutely blew me away at the time and I still find it very playable now.

Associate
For me it would have to be Hollow Knight

A great mix of exploration & challenge with a wonderfully built world.

Hopefully the sequel Silksong is just as good when its released :)

Soldato
Tough choice between my 2 favourite genres and the 2 games that properly made me go "woah" in terms of initial visuals, gameplay and sheer enjoyment.

Geoff Crammonds Grand Prix - This is going back years now...but it showed me how "realistic" racing games could be immense fun too.

Ultimately though, it has to be Quake 2. Great online, loved the clans scene, the mods, movement and feel of the game was tremendous. Paired up with a 3dfx card...blew my mind.

Miss them times in many ways.

Soldato
I didn’t want it to be this but I simply can’t ignore the amount of hours I’ve put into this game.

GTA V

Online certainly wouldn’t be my fav game ever but I’ve had a lot of fun over the years playing with some people here running heists and what not.

The story was awesome and so much fun, absolutely loved it.

Associate
Would have to be World of Warcraft, back in the Burning Crusade and Wrath of the Lich King era.

Honorable mentions for Football Manager (all versions), Battlefield 2, Civilisation (all versions), Quake, and Red Alert 2

Back
Top Bottom