Whay are PC versions of games slated on reviews?

Associate
Guys, was looking through CoD and BF games reviews on the well known book ordering sites (that's allowed in the rules to say that?). The reviews are murderous about the PC versions of the games. Why? Was going to order a few but got me worried..... :confused:

Soldato
Elitist response: PC gamers have higher standards than console gamers

Probably more sensible response: A lot of PC gamers like to jump on the hate bandwagon against console ports. Not that there arent very good reasons to criticise CoD but it seems like a lot of people will just criticise simply because it's the 'done thing'/looks cool/whatever.

For what it's worth i thought MW3 was a good laugh, not as good as the first two but it was an entertaining few hours. Didnt play the multiplayer but i hear good things about it over MW2. BF3 i hear isnt as good as BF2 in terms of balance but i'm sure people here can give you more info in the relevant threads :)

Soldato
Guys, was looking through CoD and BF games reviews on the well known book ordering sites (that's allowed in the rules to say that?). The reviews are murderous about the PC versions of the games. Why? Was going to order a few but got me worried..... :confused:
People troll those reviews because they cannot pirate the PC version easily so complain about every little thing DRM especially so do not take much notice of them look on a enthusiast PC gaming website or ask here for a more balanced opinion!

Associate
trolling is cool beans so thats wut the pros do

:D

To the OP: It reminds me of the crysis situation where people slated the game because they couldn't play it on max even though the game it's self was fantastic (in my opinion). At the time enthusiasts complained that they couldn't run the game on max and nowadays complain that all games are console ports that can be run on a toaster with an 8800gt.

Soldato
Can you translate that to English please?

18223302.jpg

Associate
i dunno why bf3 gets bad reviews, i think its awesome for the pc... its what combat is all about imo. COD on the other hand, thought it was realluy poor this time around compared to that last modern warfare , even tho its the "same game". graphics were evn worse, maps seem more clunky, field of view is terrible.

Soldato
People troll those reviews because they cannot pirate the PC version easily so complain about every little thing DRM especially so do not take much notice of them look on a enthusiast PC gaming website or ask here for a more balanced opinion!

Oh look its AWPC with the 'Anyone who objects to DRM is a pirate' stance again. :rolleyes:

Associate
Syndicate - what an awful port - love the classic 90's amiga game but the new FPS console port to pc is AWFUL !

When you read an article about a classic game being updated as a fps, you now it will be awful.

Why don't developers make sequels the way the originals played? Syndicate was a rts not a fps.

Associate

I think in some cases, these DRM arguments do in fact hold water. Why is it that if I buy a game from STEAM I have to install another piece of third party software to run a game?

A good example, I bought Risen from Steam. It has some 3rd party DRM tool (ares or something IIRC) and I actually had to crack it to get it working... figure that out.

Same again when I bought LA Noire from a different Digital Distributor and I had to actually download a 1.2GB crack to get the game running because of Rockstar Social Club (DRM). Where it wasn't a Steam game, which update from outside the game itself, it had to boot up to the main menu to update, which I was unable to do. After emails to both the distributor and Rockstar, I couldn't get into the game until I had cracked it. ALL MY RAGE. :mad:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom