When are you going fully electric?

Caporegime
What like the Toyota where the wheel falls off?

Or the Skoda where the fuse that pops and burns the car down?

Yeah different customer base and real cars..
One of them is ‘European’. Two wrongs don’t make a right either.

Where’s your MG car then ?

Soldato
Yikes, why so much hate? :rolleyes:

I was merely pointing out the ridiculousness of @jpaul comment that surmounted to "made in china, must be ****" to describe a brand that makes a couple of EV's that get almost universal praise and are pretty popular. I don't need to own one to understand that they offer a good package at their respective price points.

The MG5 is probably going to end up as the new Prius given the rate Toyota is going now they are recalling and buying back their only BEV on the market.

Associate
It's how the the Japanese got started to become the some of the very best and it's how the Koreans are doing the same, more EVs built and sold in China than anywhere in the world and most traditional Western brands are built there, it is not a stretch that a Chinese brand will be dominant in Europe before long. Unless if course they do a Russia with Taiwan but that's a whole other story.

Soldato
Apparently lots of people agree with you - MG is now the UK’s 12th largest manufacturer by sales volume - article on Autocar showing the big in roads they have made, as a reasonably priced vehicle for everyday normal people.
Yet again. This is where low feature content in the MG stuff means semiconductor/chip bottleneck doesn’t have as big an effect on these cars output rates. So fair play for making hay whilst the sun shines, but please let’s be aware of it.

Issues with Taiwan that may kick off will make this current chip shortage look just like a blip.

Soldato
Apparently lots of people agree with you - MG is now the UK’s 12th largest manufacturer by sales volume - article on Autocar showing the big in roads they have made, as a reasonably priced vehicle for everyday normal people.
That probably explains why I see MG ZS’s everywhere. Not quite common as muck like the Model 3 though. :cry:

Dacia has done pretty well in the U.K. so there clearly is a market for no frills cars and it’s a shame we are not getting the Spring as it’s something the U.K. market needs desperately.

That said it seems MG are more than happy to compete with the likes of Ford, Stellantis etc. in the ‘mid range’ rather than at the really cheap end of the market.

Soldato
That probably explains why I see MG ZS’s everywhere. Not quite common as muck like the Model 3 though. :cry:

Yeah, there are a serious amount of Model 3's and Model Y's around where I am, used to be like seeing a Ferrari in rarity, but its more like blooming ants now, you see one, then there are another dozen behind it. :p

Dacia has done pretty well in the U.K. so there clearly is a market for no frills cars and it’s a shame we are not getting the Spring as it’s something the U.K. market needs desperately.

That said it seems MG are more than happy to compete with the likes of Ford, Stellantis etc. in the ‘mid range’ rather than at the really cheap end of the market.

Yeah Dacia are really strong right now as well, and you can understand why with prices of everything going up and people looking to still have a vehicle that is affordable. They haven't totally discounted the Spring coming to the UK, it just won't be until end of 2023/24. I think MG may be right up there with Ford/Vauxhall in popularity in another 2-3 years, especially once they get the little MG3 electric version here.

Associate
One of them is ‘European’. Two wrongs don’t make a right either.

Where’s your MG car then ?
The MG4 looks decent for the money, but ideally I want a smaller car. Will be looking at the MG3 when it is released. There is a big shortage of cheap, small electric cars in the UK. Hopefully the MG3 will fit the bill.

Back
Top Bottom