When did you realise that most people are morons?

Caporegime
Goto any Facebook post by BBC and read the comments, 99% of it is just drivel. Drivel to the point that I hope it is just fabricated by Chinese or Russian influenced bot farms.

I work with some people that can't differentiate between left or right. People that struggle to do basic maths or even read instructions in their own Language.

This whole Corona BS has given me supreme clarity, along with this boring 40 minute bus ride I have to take every 3 weeks.

I hope the Chinese are developing another virus that somehow attacks these members of society. Imagine a world were everyone can read basic lists and collect 12 items without using their fingers to add up.

I think I would have gone properly stir crazy by now if I was still in the UK. I have no idea how you can do it and keep at it for the foreseeable future. I mean the minute every one starts going out again it's just going to flare again. What's the point? Why not just cull the herd? Lose the weak and the random and get on with life? Knowing my luck I'll die too, but at least then I'll stop moaning :p

It's time to look for a new job :p

How's your Sunday? At least the weather's nice here.... Oh no it's not...

Man of Honour
Not intending to be supercilious, etc. but I've increasingly had a lower and lower opinion of people over the last few years and with this coronavirus it has put into stark perspective just how unable and/or unwilling so many people are to learn from experiences, how so many are empty headed, short sighted and unwilling to consider the bigger picture or completely unable to envision it :(

People that struggle to do basic maths

I have a weird one with this heh - put me on the spot and I will struggle with basic maths and look like an idiot... meanwhile I'm working on projects that require things like vector maths (dot products, normals and so on), etc. some of it quite advanced and get by fine.

Man of Honour
Sad thing is a lot of those comments aren't generated by bots - personally I'm not too critical of the posting of drivel itself I'm sure we all do it from time to time - it is the unwillingness or inability to think for themselves, to adapt, change or even examine an opinion or position when new or different information is available, etc. that I find tiresome.

Associate
These days it's all about self!! Even these shows of doing good for people and posting it online is simply self promotion, like collecting.

To answer your question, I've never really had any time for people on social media or even at work as they are generally as you say...morons.

Associate
I used to think like this, but realised one of the reasons was is that it's a viewpoint popular on 'We Know Best' liberal areas of the internet such as Reddit & probably just rubbed off on me.

The daily mail is a good example - widely regarded by the online intelligentsia as only read by morons.

But then I go to a random article which is top of the page this morning: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...reds-UK-locations-managed-avoid-fatality.html

& here is the top rated comment:

"The map makes for interesting reading. The low number of cases in rural areas is not unexpected. however, partly because people do not live so crowded together as in the big conurbations, but also because in the countryside people, in my experience, tend to be more socially responsible and thoughtful about how their lifestyles impinge on others: there tends to be a clearer community spirit than in larger places. In places I know well, everyone is very conscious of the possible dangers the virus poses and take steps, automatically, to give other people space, crossing the road to avoid passing too close etc. It is for these reasons why I believe, restrictions could be relaxed in many rural areas quite soon, whereas in large city areas, they may have to remain in place for much longer."

Grammar aside, doesn't sound that moronic?

Caporegime
OP
It makes sense to me tbh. Makes me a moron probably as well.

I'm a bit disturbed by the wave of liberal US nonsense about government control over lockdown is against the constitution blah blah by the usual gun waving morons.

Honestly the only difference in my life was I couldn't buy beans once in a supermarket and I get on the bus by the back doors.

Man of Honour
Morons I can take. It’s ‘argumentative / know it all / smarmy / unpleasant’ morons that I can leave. There is just something deeply aggrieving about someone being spiteful or smarmy when their imagination of a situation is... well, an imagining.

I had been aggrieved at people making zero effort to keep to social distancing until I found myself caught in my own thoughts and realised that I was not doing it either (for a duration of about 2 minutes). I guess I’m also prone to being a moron.

Soldato
The daily mail is a good example - widely regarded by the online intelligentsia as only read by morons.

But then I go to a random article which is top of the page this morning: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...reds-UK-locations-managed-avoid-fatality.html

& here is the top rated comment:

Grammar aside, doesn't sound that moronic?

I must also be moronic because I don't think that comment is unreasonable. Rural areas will need to be handled differently to densely populated cities. I'd say its common sense.

Soldato
I’m more concerned by the ever increasing number of individuals who quite simply don’t give a rats rear end about anyone else.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm enjoying not having to interact with people so much now - it's about the only positive I can think of in the current situation (I do miss my work colleagues though :().

A hell of a lot of people do come across as having completely the wrong priorities and dumbing down - it's why I disconnected from social media completely.

Edit: I'm no intellectual genius. Just can't stand all the inane crap.

Last edited:
Soldato
I’m more concerned by the ever increasing number of individuals who quite simply don’t give a rats rear end about anyone else.

Agreed, for many years we have had people, communities helping each other - now it's every-man for himself almost and stuff anyone else.

And social media is 99% toxic.

Criminals, stabbings, scammers trying to take from the vulnerable - infecting and encrypting hospital computers, endangering 100's of lives and thinking that is acceptable to gain £££'s.

I still see joy and happiness in the world and there are still some good people out there - but i hate what the world has become.

Caporegime
I hate these threads.

it disappoints me that people have such a high opinion of themselves that they feel it’s acceptable to categorise the rest of the world as morons. I find it quite nauseating.

Soldato
Twitter, Instagram and Facebook etc just put them all in one place.

The morons all think social media is a good idea. The smart people don't :p

Back
Top Bottom