When did you realise that most people are morons?

Man of Honour
So you're calling a help desk dedicated to supporting NHS IT, about a problem with a personal machine?
And you're surprised they don't know how to help you? Maybe I'm missing part of the picture here but that sounds about right!

I have installed NHS Sophos which I need to remove but it won't let me without an admin password so yes it is their problem. The worrying thing is they've never heard of an Admin password for Sophos.

installsonard.png

installsonare.png

Last edited:
Soldato
I have installed NHS Sophos which I need to remove but it won't let me without an admin password so yes it is their problem. The worrying thing is they've never heard of an Admin password for Sophos.

installsonard.png

installsonare.png
She that clears it up. I read it as (and I suspect the other guy did too), that it was your antivirus and you were asking them for the password:D.

Associate
@ OP. I don't know when i realised it but i do know when i remember recognising repeating general moronic behaviour. I was 9. Technically i was a moron when i realised the world was full of morons.

I don't mind people being morons. We're all morons at any given time and in any given situation but it's the level and frequency of moronic behaviour i find challenging.

What i am finding myself objecting to more and more is the moronic adults who can't exist on their own and want to draw more and more people into their version of the self-satisfying dimension of society they 'think' they know they want.

If people want to be morons they are free to do so by their own decisions, in their own time with their own money. I am noticing more and more morons want my decision making, time and money to create what they want for themselves.

Them objecting to me objecting to their claim on my life is the cherry on top and it boggles my mind the lack of comprehension of the double standards at play. This is quite a nice moron test.

I try to not define moronic behaviours by my own standards (you need to walk in another's shoes) but when something is clearly neutral (i don't need to be in someone's show to make the decision) or it's affecting me directly the morons are obvious and can be classed as such. They are everywhere, all of the time.

I now see lots of capable independent types getting nowhere because it is now fashionable to be part of a group and if you aren't in a group you must be wrong. I get the sheep analogy around society but for me they are more like emperor penguins; huddled in a bunch constantly squawking.

The irony of the effectiveness of a group always being less than the average of the sum of it's parts is completely lost. A group always averages itself down because the least capable members form a drag greater than the level of their measured capability suggests. Maybe this is why it's taking us so long to figure out recently-aquired accepted wisdoms are utter nonsense.

There is a word for this and it's democratisation. It is noticeable that as more people have access to something the standards of it goes down?

Please note i'm not against democracy. Democracy does allow for the wrong, but popular, viewpoint to hold sway and we need to fix this. I also do not subscribe to 'well it's the best system we've got'. This response allows moronic behaviour to flourish.

I have noticed a pattern where those that shout loudest and most often prove themselves, in the end, to be morons. Predominantly they are vested-interest morons as well who proclaim to be neutral.

The human malware has just about every example of moronic behaviour possible all in one go. Yet because 'society' we all have to suffer from it. Lots of examples of where being a professional anything, at any level of an organisation is no indicator to performance. Lots of examples of people imposing their will because they know best when they don't actually know anything. Lots of spotting an opportunity to take liberties (use that in all senses of the word).

History will not look back favourably on this period. The decision making has been so one-dimensional and linear it is tragic.

Don't get me started on experts. I have found most 'experts' to be morons. The experts i have come across who are worth talking to are the ones who do not proclaim their are experts but the end result of their work demonstrates they are. We cannot have any experts on something yet to happen but we are over-run with the buggers telling us how to live our lives. The term 'expert' seems to have been hijacked by this highly theoretical set of systems we find ourselves in. Originally an expert could demonstrate to any observer the level of their craft and you didn't need to understand the subject to recognise their level of attainment. These days an expert is someone we don't know but have to accept it because a bunch of their mates has said they are and they get to decide what's best for us.

Soldato
Goto any Facebook post by BBC and read the comments, 99% of it is just drivel. Drivel to the point that I hope it is just fabricated by Chinese or Russian influenced bot farms.

I work with some people that can't differentiate between left or right. People that struggle to do basic maths or even read instructions in their own Language.

This whole Corona BS has given me supreme clarity, along with this boring 40 minute bus ride I have to take every 3 weeks.

I hope the Chinese are developing another virus that somehow attacks these members of society. Imagine a world were everyone can read basic lists and collect 12 items without using their fingers to add up.

I think I would have gone properly stir crazy by now if I was still in the UK. I have no idea how you can do it and keep at it for the foreseeable future. I mean the minute every one starts going out again it's just going to flare again. What's the point? Why not just cull the herd? Lose the weak and the random and get on with life? Knowing my luck I'll die too, but at least then I'll stop moaning :p

It's time to look for a new job :p

How's your Sunday? At least the weather's nice here.... Oh no it's not...

In reply to the title of the thread.....

When i read your post and saw how big headed you are!

Associate
Heard plenty of anecdotes about people ignoring the lockdown because it doesn't apply to them. Seemingly a lot of mothers wanting to visit their adult children.

A combination of lockdown going on too long and being poorly thought through has caused humans to do human things. It would have been wise to ask and understand what drove the mother to visit her child. This person might be an adult to you but will always be a child to the mother.

There are a lot of variables missing from the modelling it seems with the needs of humans being one of them.

Man of Honour
A combination of lockdown going on too long and being poorly thought through has caused humans to do human things. It would have been wise to ask and understand what drove the mother to visit her child. This person might be an adult to you but will always be a child to the mother.

There are a lot of variables missing from the modelling it seems with the needs of humans being one of them.

I haven't seen either of my daughters since the lockdown so Friday we drove to one of them about 10 mins away, we sat in the back garden more than 2 metres away, took our own drinks and as soon as one of us wanted a wee we went home which was about 90 mins later.
We did exactly the same yesterday with the other daughter who lives closer.
Shoot me Boris.

Soldato
The rate of infection will almost certainly rise in the month ahead, so many people feel like they're special snow flakes who can't cope with just having a video call. This directly means that more people will die of an illness that basically drowns them in their own blood and phlegm. For every person having a social distancing party, there's other people who just want to meet their boyfriend, who works in a care home, who then travels to the local super market and stands a bit too close to people in the aisle because the rules have been relaxed. It's then the Tories fault for their mixed messaging when all they basically said was you can return to work if it's safe to do so and you can adhere to social distancing, and you're allowed to sit in a park with people you live with.

Associate
The rate of infection will almost certainly rise in the month ahead, so many people feel like they're special snow flakes who can't cope with just having a video call. This directly means that more people will die of an illness that basically drowns them in their own blood and phlegm. For every person having a social distancing party, there's other people who just want to meet their boyfriend, who works in a care home, who then travels to the local super market and stands a bit too close to people in the aisle because the rules have been relaxed. It's then the Tories fault for their mixed messaging when all they basically said was you can return to work if it's safe to do so and you can adhere to social distancing, and you're allowed to sit in a park with people you live with.

If that is a true example and not a made up one the Care Home(s) have the authority to put policies and processes into place to protect their customers.

A collectivist one-size-fits-all 'solution' has never worked for anything and never will. It is breaking down all over the place now and was breaking down all over the place before the current situation.

Personal and professional responsiblity coupled to personal and professional accountability was the way to deal with this.

Associate
I disagree, I actually think that's what caused the problems. Proper enforcement was the way to deal with this, but that horse has well and truly bolted.

There has been zero opportunity for personal and professional responsibility and accountability and so it can't have caused the problems. The policies have been centrally mandated from the beginning. All we're seeing is the reaction to that.

Enforcement is a collectivist solution and it has been going on for weeks already.

There is zero evidence lockdown works. It was tried with the Spanish Flu (didn't work) and was tried all throughout the 20th Century (didn't work) and certainly hasn't had any effect in Italy where the lockdown was enforced.

Anyone at risk, or responsible for people at risk, should have been the people ensuring compliance with special measures and not the other way round. This is personal/professional responsibility/accountability.

Associate
What? How would this work in practice?

The decision makers involved in the individual circumstances would be responsible for devising and enacting policies, processes and procedures to cater for their own situation. We already have laws that cover duty of care in Care Homes (as an example) and so legislation already exists to ensure accountability.

Perspex screens in supermarkets is a good example of specific individual special measures being taken. This is not exhaustive, i'm just trying to demonstrate the point.

We would have lots of specific things done that would cater SPECIFICALLY for the situation and it's requirements. What we have now is a one-size-fits-all, doesn't seem to work in any circumstance, doesn't fit anyone well, causes more problems than it solves mess. The huge amount of disparate complaining is due to the TYPE of 'solution' we have. Despite the current fashionable social narrative we are all different to many varying degrees and so require some level of flexibility while existing around a common aim.

The existing directives are not effective especially for Care Homes as this demographic seems to be the hardest hit. These poor people can't even escape the situation of their own free will. This is such a shame and illustrates my point PERFECTLY. Instead of some Care Homes getting it right and saving lives the wrong-fit mandated solution means the vast majority are likely to get it wrong.

Football. The leagues should have just isolated the players and got the leagues finished. Instead they have dithered and now introduced all sorts of other problems including rebates on the TV money, promotion/relegation issues etc etc. The clubs are waiting on the Leagues and the Leagues are waiting on the government for direction. All these 'decision makers' need their nappies changed and should be ashamed of themselves. If the players don't want to play not a problem. As contractors don't pay them.

We could pick a scenario and sort them all out individually one by one. The outcome would be far more palatable to more of the people involved than what we have now.

Individuals should be enabled by law to not have to go to work if they felt they didn't want to. This is giving them responsibility. The government paying them to sit on their ass is a big problem so the level of 'support' mandated is a problem; another collectivist mistake. There is now no real accountability to go with the responsibility. People need to feel the consequences of their actions (accountability) and since we'll all be paying for the fallout of this (the media is softening us up for tax rises already) the individual will not feel the effect of their choices because we'll be paying for this collectively.

When you go to vote it is an individual booth for a reason. It is known that humans are influenced by the crowd and will make decisions in a crowd they don't agree with and wouldn't normally take. The crowd element gives an urge to fit in regardless how bonkers the proposition. Collectivist 'anything' brings this to the fore and sets us down a dangerous path. The crowd madness is certainly enforcing itself on all of us at this time. A lot of what's wrong with the country at this time is due to the lack of personal/professional responsibility/accountability. Too many people expect someone else to make all the decisions for everyone and then give them abuse for it when the inevitable happens.

Happy to war-game this more if you are genuinely interested.

Soldato
Individuals should be enabled by law to not have to go to work if they felt they didn't want to. This is giving them responsibility. The government paying them to sit on their ass is a big problem so the level of 'support' mandated is a problem; another collectivist mistake.

I am genuinely interested, although as much as I appreciate the effort in your response, it's covering too much at once.

I've selected the quote above for further focus. It strikes me as contradictory but maybe I've misunderstood; People don't need a law to enable them to refuse to go to work if they don't want to, they simply don't have to go in. If you are referring to people not going to work due to health & safety concerns, then there are laws in place to cover that already, therefore we don't need to reinvent the wheel.

If you think the job retention scheme is counterproductive, then what alternative would you propose?

Back
Top Bottom