when is 4k 144hz out ?

Associate
OP
Arnt high refresh rate 4k monitors a little pointless at the moment? Given that a single GPU just about manages 60hz

Yes you are correct. I owned a 4k Gsync monitor and sold it for a 1440p 165hz monitor. I'd like the flexibility of playing at 1440p 165hz gsync on fps games or 60hz 4k on a single monitor for games like heavily modded skyrim with enb on my 1080 ti.

Price wise, it probably makes sense to just buy another 4k monitor and move it back & forth if these new monitors are going to be extorionate i.e. £1500 ? but i'm not sure what the RRP will be.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'd like to know too but I also want to see ultrawide 144hz become available at decent resolutions, OLED really needs to start coming to the monitor market also.

Associate
Yes you are correct. I owned a 4k Gsync monitor and sold it for a 1440p 165hz monitor. I'd like the flexibility of playing at 1440p 165hz gsync on fps games or 60hz 4k on a single monitor for games like heavily modded skyrim with enb on my 1080 ti.

Price wise, it probably makes sense to just buy another 4k monitor and move it back & forth if these new monitors are going to be extorionate i.e. £1500 ? but i'm not sure what the RRP will be.

I haven't been around the forums for a long time, but I'm here for this thread subject matter only really.
You're right, I'm running two 980Tis in SLI and on my 4k predator display I'm finding that games are optimised well enough to run in excess of 60FPS at max settings. Doom, Shadow Warrior 2 and Killing Floor 2 are great examples of games optimised well so much so I've had to run them with one GPU. Older games too... It's frustrating having the FPS counter displaying 120FPS when all I can output is 60Hz. The microstutter is irritating too. Probably just as much to do with SLI as well though.

I would definitely be in the market for 120/144Hz at 4K.

Caporegime
been reading the acere is being pushed back to q1 next year, not sure about the asus equivalent, reasons not specified

It's bleeding edge tech, I'm not surprised that production has been pushed back a bit to sort any problems. They are going to charge £££ for them so they have to be right!

Associate
It's bleeding edge tech, I'm not surprised that production has been pushed back a bit to sort any problems. They are going to charge £££ for them so they have to be right!
yes but it was announced in ces right, can't take them over a year to bring it to market. i thought it was pushed to coincide with a possible volta release so the damn thing can be used as intended

Soldato
Didn't stop them from screwing us over with my of the 1440p/144hz or the ultrawide "maybe you will hit 100hz" panels, hopefully they will get it right but I'm more interested myself with the 1440/21:9/144hz monitors myself.

Associate
A few articles came out this morning saying ASUS are still on for a 2017 release on the PG27UQ. Acer's has been pushed to 2018.

Anyone got an idea of price?

Back
Top Bottom