When is the next ocuk rolling road meet ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
GRM in Northampton have a 4wd dyno.

http://www.grmnorthampton.co.uk/

I do have to add that I've never used them myself, so don't know what they are like. However Northampton Motorsport are very good, the owner Troy (ex Honda) is a really nice and down to earth guy. But, they only have a 2wd dyno :(

Man of Honour
GRM in Northampton have a 4wd dyno.

http://www.grmnorthampton.co.uk/

I do have to add that I've never used them myself, so don't know what they are like. However Northampton Motorsport are very good, the owner Troy (ex Honda) is a really nice and down to earth guy. But, they only have a 2wd dyno :(

Bloody hell that's now 6 dynos I can count on my door step :D

In the interest of keeping things consistent and any figures we get to be at least somewhere comparable to what we're used to whoever we use needs to operate a MAHA dyno

Edit: the guys at Northampton Motorsport are a really friendly bunch though had a good chat with a couple of them a few weeks back while I was putting a windscreen in a mk3 fiesta racecar for them

Associate
Shark performance in Mansfield
More BHP in Crewe
Northampton Motorsport in Northampton
Roger Clark Motorsport in Hinckley

All have modern 4wd dynos aswell

Last edited:
Soldato
KAP Tuning (maybe a bit too south for many...?)

"Hi Kostandino,

Thank you for your enquiry, we do indeed. We use the maha msr 500 4wd dyno to give the best results for general power readings and loaded simulation tests for our remaps.

Our dyno days start at £34.99 per head (providing at least 10 people participate) and a further £5 each for food. We can see around 20 max ideally and find that this normally takes us from 9.00am to 5pm. We prefer Sunday's for the dyno days as our workshop is open Saturday however we can open Saturday but parking will be limited on site.

Food wise we serve a breakfast roll, bbq lunch with salads / pastas as well as a drink and snack.

We are happy for people to bring along their own photographers as we have had in the past.

What sort of date were you looking for?

Kind regards,

Angus Furneaux
KAP tuning department"

OcUK Staff
Pumabuild in Birmingham have a 4WD maha, have to admit it is better than Powerstations old one, seems more accurate but also has more modes of operation.

Teguiwa or however you spell the name also have a Maha dyno being installed as we speak, they are based in Stoke-on-Trent.

Pumabuild is not great for parking or surrounding roads to go driving, Stoke-on-Trent (Teguiwa) is a little better as in theory we could all do a 30 minute drive from Stoke on the A34 towards to Congleton to a pub there and then we have fantastic country roads.

But is someone else wishes to organise please go ahead. :)

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
KAP Tuning are 2hr 25min away from me, the Stoke based ones are 3 hours or more depending on traffic up the M6 sections.

There must be places more central for all.

Caporegime
Nowhere that is central is even remotely close to either of us Robbie :(

The only reason I dislike living on the south coast is that everything is so damned far away. Even when people say something is "southern" I get my hopes up and check but it's still over 2 hours north...

Soldato
I'll look to get responses from a few companies, then we can do a poll and choose the location.

This ended with us going to EuroSpec last time though... and I know how you all felt about that, moaners :D

Man of Honour
KAP Tuning are 2hr 25min away from me, the Stoke based ones are 3 hours or more depending on traffic up the M6 sections.

There must be places more central for all.

What about EDMotorsport who I spoke to earlier?

Field Farm Business Centre, Launton, Bicester OX26 5EL

As ScoobyDoo said, we're just working out all the options available then a poll to decide on a location suited the best

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom