When is the next ocuk rolling road meet ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
Pumabuild in Birmingham have a 4WD maha, have to admit it is better than Powerstations old one, seems more accurate but also has more modes of operation.

Teguiwa or however you spell the name also have a Maha dyno being installed as we speak, they are based in Stoke-on-Trent.

Pumabuild is not great for parking or surrounding roads to go driving, Stoke-on-Trent (Teguiwa) is a little better as in theory we could all do a 30 minute drive from Stoke on the A34 towards to Congleton to a pub there and then we have fantastic country roads.

But is someone else wishes to organise please go ahead. :)

I'd be up for this as a spectator, unless my S3 has arrived by then.

Caporegime
What about EDMotorsport who I spoke to earlier?

Field Farm Business Centre, Launton, Bicester OX26 5EL

As ScoobyDoo said, we're just working out all the options available then a poll to decide on a location suited the best

120 miles & 2 hours+ north from me, slightly less for Mrk but still at least 100 miles I think.

Soldato
There must be places more central for all.

Centroid locations

Put simply, the centroid is the point at which a cardboard cut-out of the area could be perfectly balanced on the tip of a pencil. Islands are assumed fixed to the mainland in their precise position by invisible rigid weightless wires. A mathematical method is used to do the balancing to a much greater accuracy than the practical method could achieve.

Great Britain

Whitendale Hanging Stones, near Brennand Farm, outside Dunsop Bridge, Lancashire

A field south of Calderstones Partnership NHS Foundation Trust, near Whalley, Lancashire

Lindley Hall Farm, Leicestershire

Locations found by other methods
Point farthest from the sea
Church Flatts Farm, Coton in the Elms, Derbyshire

Point farthest from high tide mark (including tidal rivers)
Between Hammerwich and Wall, south-west of Lichfield, Staffordshire

Centre of a rectangle enclosing precisely all of England and Wales
Near Woodseaves, south of Market Drayton, Shropshire

Mid point of the longest north–south axis
Haltwhistle, Northumberland

You're just too far away from everyone else!

OcUK Staff
Let's make a weekend of it, dyno Saturday, Curborough Sunday :D

Why not!!!!

Be awesome, Dyno Saturday, we could then say go on a great driving route to hotel for the night.

Also another potential dyno venue, Dream Science in HULL, in the progress of installing a new 4WD dyno as well.

Be great though if we could do dyno, then drive say 60-100 miles to a hotel that is 20-30 miles within of Curborough for the Sunday. I'd bring the Mustang but it would be hopeless on a sprint circuit lol.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Just watched a sprint video from that circuit, looks pretty neat. Could well be a nice weekend of motoring japes. Makes a longer journey worth it too as it's a bigger event rather than just a few hours and 2-3 tanks of fuel.

Man of Honour
Let's make a weekend of it, dyno Saturday, Curborough Sunday :D

Why not!!!!

Be awesome, Dyno Saturday, we could then say go on a great driving route to hotel for the night.

Also another potential dyno venue, Dream Science in HULL, in the progress of installing a new 4WD dyno as well.

Be great though if we could do dyno, then drive say 60-100 miles to a hotel that is 20-30 miles within of Curborough for the Sunday. I'd bring the Mustang but it would be hopeless on a sprint circuit lol.

I approve of this idea, there's a Holiday Inn about 4 miles from Curborough.

What's Curborough price wise?

But in reality we're looking at
£30 Dyno
£85 Hotel for the night.
£90 fuel (300 miles/20mpg)
plus whatever Curborough costs

So its an easy £300 weekend

OcUK Staff
What's the reality of many wanting/affording both in the same weekend though :eek:

PS I'd love to :D

Power vs lap times
Power to weight vs lap times

etc.

I'd be well up for a weekend for sure, how much does the sprint circuit cost per person? Do they have go-karts that you can rent by any chance? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom