• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

When the Gpu's prices will go down ?

Associate
On FB today someone seems to have had enough of mining for now. Wants £800 for 3080s, RX6800 £600 & RTX3070 £600. Be interesting to see if sells quickly.

On ebay whole rigs with cards sell very slowly, few buyers wanting to spend £5000-£30,000

Associate
On FB today someone seems to have had enough of mining for now. Wants £800 for 3080s, RX6800 £600 & RTX3070 £600. Be interesting to see if sells quickly.

£800 for a used 3080 is too much imho, you'd have to be pretty desperate to go for that especially given its warranty status.

I think there is every reason to expect current gen GPUs going down in price once next-gen are in full production because you'll have them both being sold side by side for a good while maybe even a long time. Of course the issue there is do you want to pay for the latest and greatest or the legacy?

Soldato
£800 for a used 3080 is too much imho, you'd have to be pretty desperate to go for that especially given its warranty status.

I think there is every reason to expect current gen GPUs going down in price once next-gen are in full production because you'll have them both being sold side by side for a good while maybe even a long time. Of course the issue there is do you want to pay for the latest and greatest or the legacy?

"Warranty status"?

Associate
"Warranty status"?

He means that buying from a private seller like a miner doesn't give you any repair rights "it is buyer beware", especially if bought privately from an add in a paper etc. However, you could buy a new 3080 from Overclockers with a right to ask for a repair for a couple of years at about £60 more, certainly for some people that right to request a repair is worth the extra £60, plus the card is brand new and not been mined on for a year

Last edited:

koh

koh

Associate

I agree £800 for a used 3080 is too high. 2nd hand GPUs will be priced too high as lots will have paid high prices so reluctant to sell lower. If new prices do drop further then they will have to drop asking price if want the money. I am getting daily offers from sellers of 6800xts I am watching on fleabay with money knocked off original asking price. Not looking to buy 2nd hand unless there is very good price as will buy new once price drops to what I consider reasonable.

Soldato
ASUS slashing GPU prices by up to 25% starting April, but only for the United States (for now)

https://videocardz.com/newz/asus-announces-price-cuts-of-up-to-25-in-april-for-geforce-rtx-30-gpus

Since January this year, we have been reporting on the downward trend in GPU prices. There is a noticeable double-digit price drop on a monthly basis now, with a good outlook for GPUs to reach MSRP at some point in the next two months.

The government of the United States has confirmed last week it is dropping tariffs on some PC components from China, that includes graphics cards. Following this decision, ASUS confirmed it will be lowering prices of its GPUs in the country up to 25%.

In an email sent by ASUS representative to Tom’s Hardware, the company promises to lower the prices for various SKUs from low-end to high-end series starting from April 1st. The statement only mentions GeForce RTX 30 GPUs, though:

As a result of the latest tariff lift on Chinese imports from the Office of the United States Trade Representative, Gamers and PC enthusiasts will see lower prices on ASUS GeForce RTX 30-series graphic cards starting on April 1st, 2022.

Lower prices will affect entry level GeForce RTX 3050 and RTX 3060, mid-range RTX 3070 and high performance RTX 3080 and RTX 3090 graphics cards.

— ASUS reprenenttive to Tom’s Hardware

No other board partners have thus far confirmed to lower the prices, but it is very likely that other companies are to follow this trend.

It is important to note that US tariffs do not directly affect the prices in other countries. However, when the US tariffs were introduced, the GPU prices have skyrocketed around the globe. With that in mind, there is a good reason to expect this US price cut to have a global impact in some form.

Source: Tom’s Hardware

Soldato
Love how they try to make out they are doing you a favour after making bandit for months on top of the standard Asus tax! Its the government that cut some slack on the tariffs, then they cover themselves with the old chestnut 'up to'. :cry:
:cry: Exactly... Their store prices were some of the worst deals out there and all had to be purchased with something they couldn't sell at super inflated prices.. Asus are banned by me now unless they are only one with something that does what I need, they have shown their true colours to me regarding their pricing and their RMA of hell tactics .. Sorry not interested any more and any company that behaves the same gets same ban from me and what they don't realise is they have annoyed someone with the buying power for clients and the business I work for that spends more in some weeks on hardware than I will make in a lifetime.

I have done this in past to companies and have never looked back and when I look at them now they still make me laugh how bad they are and in most cases worse than ever.

A few more companies have ended up on my wall of shame too EVGA, ASUS, Gigabyte, Chaintech (back in the day), MSI is also on this list for their silly games too with customers RMA and the dodgy behaviour they were doing by selling gpus on ebay under another company name. Samsung seems to be causing a lot of issues to monitor customers, but I have never had an issue with them personally so off my list for now but they may end up on it in time and in recent days I tried to contact Western Digital in UK or any WD centre in UK and no reply from any of them on the many numbers and zero reply to emails or any normal way to contact them even the online CS chat was not available ever, seems they have also given up on UK and sadly my preferred hard disk company but with no way to contact them in UK they are ending up on the do not buy list too it seems.

Brexit is going well :cry:.

OcUK Staff
I agree £800 for a used 3080 is too high. 2nd hand GPUs will be priced too high as lots will have paid high prices so reluctant to sell lower. If new prices do drop further then they will have to drop asking price if want the money. I am getting daily offers from sellers of 6800xts I am watching on fleabay with money knocked off original asking price. Not looking to buy 2nd hand unless there is very good price as will buy new once price drops to what I consider reasonable.

£840 brand new at OcUK, cheapest in UK.

OcUK has:
3090 from £1589
3080Ti from £1089
3080 from £839
3070Ti from £689
3070 from £599
3060Ti from £499
3060 from £399
3050 from £289

I do believe that is the cheapest in the UK.

Associate
Agreed, prices could go to MSRP and I wouldn't buy into 3 series now. Although I do have a 3060ti. The plan was to upgrade to a 3080 at some point but it's too late now.
I'm currently on a 3070ti but recently upgraded monitor to 4K. Its fine for most stuff but can see it not coping in some titles, with all the info leaking about silly performance jumps next gen, even if its half true, I'm sitting tight, no matter how much the 3xxx series drops.

Back
Top Bottom