• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

When the Gpu's prices will go down ?

OcUK Staff
This feels like a HODL.... but in reverse.

Can we keep this number's tumbling, thanks :D

Shall keep pushing but I don't think they will fall much more, just other brands will catch up as a lot of Asus product has sold out over night as sales have dramatically boosted with the price moves from Asus.

Soldato
Shall keep pushing but I don't think they will fall much more, just other brands will catch up as a lot of Asus product has sold out over night as sales have dramatically boosted with the price moves from Asus.

I understand there are external pricing pressures sometimes, but you would think these companies would have a sweet spot identified for their products where their sales volume increases with lower prices and profits hit a maximum. Maybe it's just higher than I am aware?

OcUK Staff
I understand there are external pricing pressures sometimes, but you would think these companies would have a sweet spot identified for their products where their sales volume increases with lower prices and profits hit a maximum. Maybe it's just higher than I am aware?

They have ideas but they also need a lot of pushing at least now they are responding and OcUK is been very speedy at actioning.

Soldato
They have ideas but they also need a lot of pushing at least now they are responding and OcUK is been very speedy at actioning.

To be fair you've probably got the best sales data on what sells at what prices. Glad they are listening, better to sell 1000 GPU's at a discount than 10 at full price ;)

Associate
The AIBs know that many of their buyers at the higher prices were either full or part-time miners and scalpers. They want to slowly reduce the price for the gamers that held out until they have to get the price as low as they can afford. Now the USA import tariff has ended (at 20%), plus Nvidia recently gave the AIBs about a 10% reduction. So they can realistically reduce prices by a bit under 30% in the USA (for Nvidia cards), without losing a large margin, and see how many gamers buy in at those prices before lowering prices further. Lets face it many people buy other types of products when they see sale reductions of 25 to 30%

Last edited:
Caporegime
Soldato
thats what i was doing 2 years ago waiting to replace my 1070 lol......

Past performance is not a guarantee of future performance ;) You take a chance whatever. If you buy now you may find you've overpaid for much lower performance but at least you'll have something. I'll take the chance I may not get something but I will still have cash in the bank to spend later and not a very depreciated asset. You pay your money and take your choice...

GAC

GAC

Soldato
Past performance is not a guarantee of future performance ;) You take a chance whatever. If you buy now you may find you've overpaid for much lower performance but at least you'll have something. I'll take the chance I may not get something but I will still have cash in the bank to spend later and not a very depreciated asset. You pay your money and take your choice...

yeah i know that one, been at this waaaaaaaaaay too long, all the way back to pre 3dfx days. il probably give it a few more weeks and see what shakes out.

Back
Top Bottom