• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

When the Gpu's prices will go down ?

Soldato
Perhaps I don't understand the mining "community" well enough to say this. But I suspect that many miners are not so smart. When crypto prices boom, GPU prices also go up. It makes little financial sense. It's like buying an asset at inflated prices, when they are only going to be at that level for a few weeks before dropping. I suspect that many noobs decide to get into mining when prices are in the bubble stage. It takes months for a miner to make back their money on GPU and energy costs.

Isn't the sensible thing to mine when prices are low and then sell when they become high? And by sell I mean sell both the tokens and the GPUs.

Thus I don't think miners will be as rational as you think. They will FOMO when ETH goes back up in value.
Oh yeah you have no idea the crypto market in general is completely irrational. Like there's a popular crypto game that had 600 million or so worth stolen. An Investor discovered it first and hedged against betting the value of the company would drop when everyone found out but it actually went up, and the investor lost a ton of money. The company has real way of getting the money back and the game is starting to tank and yet people are investing in it like crazy.

Nothing makes sense in crypto land and everyone is bat **** stupid

Soldato
Oh yeah you have no idea the crypto market in general is completely irrational. Like there's a popular crypto game that had 600 million or so worth stolen. An Investor discovered it first and hedged against betting the value of the company would drop when everyone found out but it actually went up, and the investor lost a ton of money. The company has real way of getting the money back and the game is starting to tank and yet people are investing in it like crazy.

Nothing makes sense in crypto land and everyone is bat **** stupid

That sounds like stocks and shares ;)

Associate
Looks like AMD is trying to counter the 3070/3070ti with a 6750xt refresh. If they give it an official launch there might be a few at or near MRSP at launch, AMD could continue to pump out GPUs for with new RX 6750 XT sighting (msn.com)
The lack of stock anywhere near MSRP and lack of stock compared to Nvidia seems to be very real. The MSRP of the 6700 XT was already poor compared to the 3060Ti and 3070 anyhow, but I find it telling that the stock at a major high street vendor of used stuff shows far fewer Radeons than GeForce and what they have has worse prices in terms of FPS/£ for them compared the Nvidia stuff.

OcUK Staff
Looks like AMD is trying to counter the 3070/3070ti with a 6750xt refresh. If they give it an official launch there might be a few at or near MRSP at launch, AMD could continue to pump out GPUs for with new RX 6750 XT sighting (msn.com)

Even current 6700 XT is £550 upwards and that is supported by AMD, so 6750XT will be more whereas in reality the 6700 XT needs to be like £399-£449 and the newer 6750 XT around £499. So AMD have a lot of work to do price wise! Only if AMD can beat 3070Ti comfortably then maybe they can command around £599 for it, but lacking RTX etc AMD need to really improve the prices on the 6700 and 6800 series line ups.

We are already at £539 for a 3070 and £629 for a 3070Ti, available today, cheapest in UK, at present AMD are pretty uncompetitive with NVIDIA.

Soldato
Tbh I will be happy picking up a cheap 3080 on the MM when the 40xx series launches.

Unless there's some absolute miracle where the 4070 FE is available at launch to buy at <500 quid

Associate
We are already at £539 for a 3070 and £629 for a 3070Ti, available today, cheapest in UK, at present AMD are pretty uncompetitive with NVIDIA.

I have heard it said that AMD haven't really tried to be competitive with the 6800 v 3070 as the 6800 is expensive to make owing to its die size and vram.

Soldato
6600 seems the better value atm tbf, decent card.

It does in general, but silly as it sounds, I would prefer a 3060 (or ideally 3060Ti for £400 tops) because Minecraft java edition is due to get raytracing shaders in the next few months, and the 6600 seems rather anaemic on that front. Sounds like such a trivial game to make a choice on, but it's one of only 4 games that I actually play so... :cry:

If it wasn't for that, I might already have gone for a 6600XT. That said, if I haven't bought by the time those shaders arrive, and reviews say a 6600 is absolutely fine for the job, then I may flop back. Right now I'm only holding off because I'm from yorkshire and I hate paying more than anything is worth!

Last edited:
Associate
Even current 6700 XT is £550 upwards and that is supported by AMD, so 6750XT will be more whereas in reality the 6700 XT needs to be like £399-£449 and the newer 6750 XT around £499. So AMD have a lot of work to do price wise! Only if AMD can beat 3070Ti comfortably then maybe they can command around £599 for it, but lacking RTX etc AMD need to really improve the prices on the 6700 and 6800 series line ups.

The 3070 for £539 is "pre-order" and in the text it states *AVAILABLE MID-END OCTOBER* I assume this is old text?

Well done on getting the prices down

Back
Top Bottom