• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

When the Gpu's prices will go down ?

Associate
I wouldn't hold my breath for them hitting 'MSRP' (or at least the MSRP of the 6x50 cards will be notably higher than their 6x00 counterparts, much in the same way as the 3xxxXT CPU lines were).

That said, I've just spotted this: https://www.overclockers.co.uk/msi-...ddr6-pci-express-graphics-card-gx-37s-ms.html (at £499 - for when it invariably changes!)
...not sure if that's actually decent value or just my no-upgrade PTSD flaring up :p

Soldato
Of course the 6x50 will be more expensive than the 6x00 cards. They're new tiers.

It's not a refresh that replaces the old cards. Nothing is being replaced. New higher tiers so higher prices.

Soldato
recession, well could be on its way, BOE sort of semi predicting it, inflation about to hit double figures by end of yr, will be very little spare money around, well unless your supported by mummy n daddy, or have good job, unemployment predicted to over 5%, mining not profitable, or soon wont be come sept with 50% increase in energy bills, i cant see sales being that great tbh, plus the pound isnt great against dollar either, everything seems to be against the retail industry atm, im holding off till end of yr to see the situation and finances before commiting to a luxury

Associate
I wouldn't hold my breath for them hitting 'MSRP' (or at least the MSRP of the 6x50 cards will be notably higher than their 6x00 counterparts, much in the same way as the 3xxxXT CPU lines were).

That said, I've just spotted this: https://www.overclockers.co.uk/msi-...ddr6-pci-express-graphics-card-gx-37s-ms.html (at £499 - for when it invariably changes!)
...not sure if that's actually decent value or just my no-upgrade PTSD flaring up :p
I think that's still too much at this stage in current gen lifecycle. Particularly considering this is a lower end card of the tier.

koh

koh

Associate
recession, well could be on its way, BOE sort of semi predicting it, inflation about to hit double figures by end of yr, will be very little spare money around, well unless your supported by mummy n daddy, or have good job, unemployment predicted to over 5%, mining not profitable, or soon wont be come sept with 50% increase in energy bills, i cant see sales being that great tbh, plus the pound isnt great against dollar either, everything seems to be against the retail industry atm, im holding off till end of yr to see the situation and finances before commiting to a luxury
Been waiting for 6800XT & was tempted now price in £800 but me to "holding off till end of yr to see the situation and finances". I've instead spent my money on upgrading my motorbike for the summer as GPU can wait until the winter months. As for recession - world economy been in one since 2008 financial crash & been kept going by low interest rates plus Central banks pumping money in to increase liquidity. Now that's ending full recessionary impact from 2008 may now be felt. Maybe even have falling prices for some commodities & one of them might, I say might, be GPUs.

Associate

You said the R word, where's Harold ?

Associate
Next week should be interesting on the AMD side with the three new cards. I know they'll slot in between the existing cards price wise, but it'll be interesting to see if they create any downward pressure on the 6600 XT 6700XT and 6900XT.

Associate
AMD Radeon RX 6950XT to cost $1099, RX 6750XT $549, RX 6650XT $399

i wonder what the UK buy prices will be?

ljt

ljt

Soldato
AMD Radeon RX 6950XT to cost $1099, RX 6750XT $549, RX 6650XT $399

i wonder what the UK buy prices will be?

$1099 = £890 + 20% vat = £1068
$549 = £444 + 20% vat = £532
$399 = £323 + 20% vat = £387

(using $1.23 / £1 conversion)

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Change $ to £ and add 40% :cry: Although glancing at a US store, we're not far off dollar parity actually.
Yep. I fear both companies will price whatever dollar value it is in pounds. We are at 1.23 today. 20% is VAT so that’s 1.2 and the .03 will be jus tied as shipping. Job done.

That is of course assuming that the pound does not get even weaker to the dollar in the next few months. We may even end up paying more than the 1:1 ratio come next gen stuff :(

Associate
The Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6700 XT fell to 548.99 today so I bought. I've been using i5 12600k integrated graphics since January. I wanted a quiet card that could do 60hz @ 1440p and had my eye on this one or the Red Devil. I was waiting for Intel Arc, however, I wasn't convinced by rumoured driver issues or actual performance (or delays). I'll keep it boxed until May 10th reviews for the 6750 are available; although the 6750 will be slightly faster it might also be noisier, longer, hotter, more expensive, all of these ...

Last edited:
Soldato
its laughable at the idiots paying more for 2nd hand cpu's that can be bought new, if i was overclockers i chuck any used graded stuff on fleabay, those buyers are surely lacking a gram of intelligence:cry:

G J

G J

Associate
its laughable at the idiots paying more for 2nd hand cpu's that can be bought new, if i was overclockers i chuck any used graded stuff on fleabay, those buyers are surely lacking a gram of intelligence:cry:

Its bizarre and I cant figure out why it happens.

Item A has a buy it now of £200 and item B is an auction. People dont buy item A as its overpriced but people will wait a week and bid up item B's price close to item A's price or sometimes above it. Item A still sits there unsold while the same item C,D,E gets sold for less than £200.

People will bid on second hand listings above brand new listing or as you said items that be purchased cheeper brand new else where.

I've seen people bid so high on GPU's till the point where one could get the next tier up for example bidding on a 1070 so high that one could get a 1070ti instead.

Back
Top Bottom