• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

When the Gpu's prices will go down ?

Associate
At first I was positive of the drop. But since a month I realised nothing is happening.
The refresh made sure of that.
They lowered the price just enough and still charge premium.
I am good for the next 2 years with my used Vega64 I bought and they can play their games.
2 months of watching the market for nothing.

Associate
At first I was positive of the drop. But since a month I realised nothing is happening.

Yeah. And yeah, the refreshes look like milking the franchise to the last drop. I'm surprised there are no 3000 supers in the market yet, but maybe they'll land in Q3 or Q4 to give us something while 4000 gets delayed further.

I've seen prices go down and even back up. The great deals that were there in April are no longer. The difference is to the tune of 50 pounds/dollars/euros on the same cards. There is much stagnation right now, and I don't think the prices are necessarily headed down rather than up. We need a flood event before retailers will budge.

Associate
A guy with an algorithm on another forum taking prices from retails, got the result that things will be at MSRP on the 15/05. Since yesterday the projection algorithm pushed the date to the 25/05.
So nothing is gonna happen unless we have a "flood event".

Associate
Avid readers? :p

It's my personality. According to Gallup, I have 1. Input. 2. Achiever, 3. Ideation, 4. Intellection, 5. Learner, 6. Strategic, 8. Maximizer, 9. Connectedness — it's all about the written word, analysis, splitting hairs and exploring what-ifs (strictly speaking, Achiever is just about energy and motivation for all this). I can't really control it, and it's difficult to live with. The whole combination is a bit… excessive. I could use with one or two less. At least I most likely won't breed.

Soldato
Whilst there are still enough plonkers out there willing to pay the extortionate amounts being asked, the prices will remain high.

Pretty much! Best way to lower prices is be less keen to buy. The more stock ends up sitting in warehouses, the more the prices will come down.

But I think a lot of people already held out longer than they normally would; people who were planning a 2020-2021 upgrade perhaps didn't bother, and now that prices have come down a bit there's more willingness to pay more after the long dry spell. I would never have paid £400 for a gpu in 2017, but I will this year. Because my last gpu was 2017 :cry:

Associate
I'm done with the waiting, i see GPU prices going back up again so i bought myself a new Dj Controller. I'll have 2 controllers to sell on the bay to make back some cash but this 1660 Super Gaming X will have to last a little longer now, well done 'plonkers'.

Soldato
Just waiting it out. I'll start looking seriously at pricing in Sept/Oct. Unlikely to be much to buy until then except overpriced last gen cards.

Associate
Just checked the prices again, since last time I checked they'd gone down and I was optimistic maybe it would be finally time to pull the trigger.

Nope, gone straight back up. Not even surprised, got plenty of other hobbies to buy stuff for so I'll stick with those.

Soldato
the 3060 and ti had dropped on oc, both now gone back up, though the 3060 has come down at a competitor, but not quite enough to pull trigger just yet,may be tempted to go down route f used 2070/super on auction place as prices are around 260+

koh

koh

Associate
Isn't the major difference now is that there is stock of nearly everything. Sellers can price at whatever price they think the market will take but if not being bought then the pricing isn't acceptable to the market. I imagine the AMD refresh was concieved months ago and looked at the market then and thought can get away with higher price. Would they think the same now if looking at doing a refresh. Looking at fleabay prices and in last wk sold prices dropped down in to the £600 range - make of that what you will but encouraging sign.

GAC

GAC

Soldato
seems £799 is the new rrp for 3080's im guessing.

get the feeling until the 4000's get announced we wont see much of a move now and even then not sure even that will get us to where you would expect them to be at this point in their cycle.

Back
Top Bottom