• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

When the Gpu's prices will go down ?

Soldato
Just me or are the price reductions starting to slow?

Last few months every time I've been looking they were cheaper, but last couple of weeks seems to have plateaued?
Miners starting to offload if you look on auction site 3070 £450-£500 for example been watching for week they pop up dont sell instantly but do sell few hours usually

You know it's a miner when same seller has multiple cards for sale

Last edited:
Associate
Hi all. Just joined as I’m building my first pc as I want to upgrade to 1440p gaming with VR. Currently have an i5-6600k with a 1660.

I’m really tempted by the prices of the B grade GPU’s (3070ti for £560) or even a 6700xt for £389 which seems a bargain. I love local to O/C - are you allowed to see the cards before you buy? Will it have been used for mining and returned? Sorry - but of a noob but I am keen to learn to build a PC. I am watching prices slowly fall but the 3070 seems to be holding so a Ti at that prices seems really good

OcUK Staff
Hi there

The pound took quite a nose dive which did not help matters, but it has improved these last few days and we just had an Inno3D arrive which has allowed us to make some very aggressive pricing in the market.

3080 Ti 12G iChill X4 @ £999.95
3080 12G iChill X4 @ £889.99

Note these are flagship X4 models, the cooler is an absolute monster in both size and performance! :)

We also have some of very nice prices:

3080 10G @ £749
3070 @ £539
3060 Ti @ £479

All in stock and finally bringing the 3080 Ti sub £1000, a UK first and it was OcUK who did it! :)

Man of Honour
Hi all. Just joined as I’m building my first pc as I want to upgrade to 1440p gaming with VR. Currently have an i5-6600k with a 1660.

I’m really tempted by the prices of the B grade GPU’s (3070ti for £560) or even a 6700xt for £389 which seems a bargain. I love local to O/C - are you allowed to see the cards before you buy? Will it have been used for mining and returned? Sorry - but of a noob but I am keen to learn to build a PC. I am watching prices slowly fall but the 3070 seems to be holding so a Ti at that prices seems really good

B grade can mean anything from "The packaging has been opened and an irrelevant piece of cardboard from the packaging is missing" to "it's dented and scratched and bent but it's functional". The only guarantee is core functionality.

I've bought half a dozen B grade items from OcUK over the years. A couple were in such good condition that I couldn't see why they were classed as B grade at all. Original packaging, nothing missing, no damage. A couple had a minor thing missing, nothing necessary. One was buggered. A case that had the entire front panel of the case missing and a side panel too badly bent to fit onto the chassis and most of the mounting parts of both side panels snapped off. But it was half price and it was functional and the manufacturer of the case kindly offered to sell me a front panel for it at cost. And that couldn't happen with a graphics card, obviously. Anything like that degree of physical damage would render the card non-functional.

No idea if you can see B grade before you buy. Mining and returned? Maybe. Maybe not. B grade is guaranteed to work. That's all.

Associate
B grade can mean anything from "The packaging has been opened and an irrelevant piece of cardboard from the packaging is missing" to "it's dented and scratched and bent but it's functional". The only guarantee is core functionality.

I've bought half a dozen B grade items from OcUK over the years. A couple were in such good condition that I couldn't see why they were classed as B grade at all. Original packaging, nothing missing, no damage. A couple had a minor thing missing, nothing necessary. One was buggered. A case that had the entire front panel of the case missing and a side panel too badly bent to fit onto the chassis and most of the mounting parts of both side panels snapped off. But it was half price and it was functional and the manufacturer of the case kindly offered to sell me a front panel for it at cost. And that couldn't happen with a graphics card, obviously. Anything like that degree of physical damage would render the card non-functional.

No idea if you can see B grade before you buy. Mining and returned? Maybe. Maybe not. B grade is guaranteed to work. That's all.
Thanks very much. Might take a punt then if I can return within 90 days but I will buy the rest of the system first so that I'm not spending 90 days with thermal paste stuck to my fingers....

Associate
It's amazing how there was such little stock for the past 18 months but now 4000 series is out in July, all the retailers have loads of stock and prices of 3080's have dropped from £1200 to £800.

The whole shortage was manufactured from the outset

Back
Top Bottom