When was your last speeding ticket?

Soldato
Mines an almost brand new car. Still don't struggle to not speed.

Many drivers don't check their speed though. They just drive to keep up with traffic or drive at a speed they are comfortable with, which is sometimes to fast. I bet if they could really see and feel how fast they are going they would slow down.

Man of Honour
Had 2 tickets on the same day in 2016, the day I got back from my honeymoon. Turns out they put a new type of camera in between junctions with 3 little lines on the road. And yea I know... All because I went out for a "drive" when I got back from holiday at 6am. Both my sister and also father in law got done by the same camera around the same time. This camera is in Leigh On Sea essex and they popped up everywhere from Rayleigh all the way to Southend-On-Sea in between a lot of busy junctions.

Last edited:
Associate
I have never had a speeding ticket. The only endorsement I had was for crossing a double white line on a motorbike on a road with NO double white lines...I pleaded guilty on the officers advice on the phone providing evidence the road had no solid lines at all what an idiot I am :(

I like speed, I stay at the speed limit unless I'm overtaking and if it's a lovely road with excellent visibility I will gun it to be honest. I've always found more enjoyment in acceleration over top speed.

In 10 years of riding/driving I've never had to claim on my insurance so I guess I've got that going for me.

Caporegime
Mines an almost brand new car. Still don't struggle to not speed.

Some people do it and other's don't. Simple as that really.

I've noticed a lot of older folk tend to drive slowly. And younger folk tend to put there foot down a lot more regardless of what car it is. I regularly see corsa's and 500's doing silly speeds.

Associate
Once in 2009 by a mobile van on the A34 between Stone and Stafford. Didn’t help my girlfriend said “slow down there’s always camera vans here” about a minute beforehand :rolleyes:

Paid the £60 fine and took the 3 points.

None as yet, but then I don't speed on normal roads.

The difficulty with motorways is that usually I am paying more attention to what is going on around and ahead of me, then I would be on the speedometer.

Caporegime
A34 heading out of Cannock in my truck, I wasn’t rushing, doing about 34 mph in what I thought was a 40 limit, the cash generator van was strategically placed in front of the 30 limit sign.

Ended up with a very boring speed awareness course as a result.

Soldato
Only been driving ten years, but no speeding fines so far even though my last car was limited to 155mph. I don't think it's difficult to avoid cameras, there's usually plenty of notice or they're obvious.

NVP

NVP

Soldato
OP
I had a feeling this day would come. Looks like they're switching them back on again. Got two through for last week, 71 in a 50 and 68 in a 50... luck was going to run out sooner or later

Soldato
Driving for 33 years now , over the last 10 covering around 30,000 a year - long commute to work .

Up until 5 years ago I was always shuffling around points on my licence , cameras , fixed speed traps ect . I’ve found over the last 5 years I’ve had no pints and visibly noticed a lower prescience of police on the roads .

Soldato
I've never had any points as I don't speed in normal day to day driving. Yes I like to go for the odd hoon but if i'm going to do this i'll only do it on roads I am very familiar with & generally only when not much else is on the road.

It helps that I use the cruise control all the time, even at 30mph. Get up to speed & then set it to hold & rest my foot over the brake pedal.

Caporegime
Somewhat amazingly I've never been done for speeding despite being pulled over for it 3 times and flashed by cameras twice... I'm sure my luck will run out somewhen...

Soldato
Been covering 100k plus miles a year for the last 12/13 years

only picked up 3 points in that time for 87 on a 4 lane stretch of motorway albeit a 50 section

2 traffic cops were fine and professional and walked away with a hand shake and a report to pf

ended up 3 points £100 fine after a bit of lawyer involvement

Soldato
Never had a speeding ticket and only had 1 parking ticket which was incorrectly issues and I got over turned. I was so mad when I got that notice in the post for £100.

Back
Top Bottom