• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

When will the 5800X3D be in stock?

Associate
And if I pre-order will there be enough stock to cover all orders? I am not sure if it’s a Uk stock issue or global so wondering if sitting tight for more UK stock to arrive and then….problem solved and enough for all!

Soldato
AMD's crux - when they have good CPU's available, they can't make sufficient quantities due to not owning own fabs. Selling their fabs years ago did mean they could pay off lots of debt and keep the company afloat though.

Soldato
AMD's crux - when they have good CPU's available, they can't make sufficient quantities due to not owning own fabs. Selling their fabs years ago did mean they could pay off lots of debt and keep the company afloat though.
And their fabs would probably never have been as good as TSMC anyway.

Associate
I'm wondering the same thing myself, I placed a pre order last week and sent OCUK a message asking if they have a stock ETA but they said they do not have one yet, but would provide me one once they know more.
Quite eager to find out when stock is due as the games I play (mostly cpu heavy MMO's) get a huge performance boost from this CPU, even over my current 5800x.
I know no competitors! website says stock due end of May so OCUK may be the same, but i'll keep my pre-order here so I don't 'lose my spot' if stock provided isn't enough to fulfil all orders

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
I'm wondering the same thing myself, I placed a pre order last week and sent OCUK a message asking if they have a stock ETA but they said they do not have one yet, but would provide me one once they know more.
Quite eager to find out when stock is due as the games I play (mostly cpu heavy MMO's) get a huge performance boost from this CPU, even over my current 5800x.
I know no competitors! website says stock due end of May so OCUK may be the same, but i'll keep my pre-order here so I don't 'lose my spot' if stock provided isn't enough to fulfil all orders

Several other sites quote end of May so that will be the next wave LtMatt mentioned, I was lucky I got mine in a mid may "wave" the day after I ordered the website updated to 29th May.

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
plenty 5800x3d on members market. people getting shot of it due to reliability issues and heat.
I've not heard of any reliability issues, just heat. However, in games temperatures are fine and that's what people bought it for after all (temperatures are going to be bad in Prime 95 and hot in Cinebench no matter the cooling, but that's not why you buy the processor).

Back
Top Bottom