• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

When will the RTX version of Shadow of the Tomb Raider be released?

Soldato
Still waiting

skeleton-computer_zps3acwyqlx.jpg

Soldato
RTX patch for Shadow Of The Tomb Raider was finally released today.

Just played first time for 2 hours now, very impressed with ray tracing shadows, up to 100 fps at 1080p with ray tracing shadows quality at Ultra so I really do not need DLSS.

Techpowerup tested RTX and DLSS.

https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/NVIDIA/Shadow_of_the_Tomb_Raider_RTX_DLSS/

DLSS quality seemed very good but some textures looked blurred so a few more DLSS learn data trainings should fix it.

Soldato
You know what, I was expecting to rag on SotTR's RTX the most way back when it was announced and shown, and I still will just because it is so late, but if the update were more timely I'd have to say they did quite alright and I do mind slightly not having an RTX card for it (were the game also not 'meh'). The biggest difference for RT from my view is in the occlusion, it's clearly better with RT though the overall shadows I'm not as impressed by, even though they're more natural, because what also happens is that the more opaque shadows otherwise hide some of the usual flaws of game rendering. So while it might be "closer to the real world" it's not decidedly an improvement visually, at least in general. In some sections with interiors it starts to go back up in quality, but it depends. Overall, happy with the presentation as an extra option even if it's far from revolutionary, and I wouldn't have issues playing with it at 4K on a 2070.

Likewise for DLSS, the quality has been clearly bumped from past iterations and there's less obvious flaws with it, though the change in colouring still bothers me, and in some cases it ruins the lighting (and you can see an example of what I mean in TPU's 3rd screenshot). Nonetheless for the performance bump? Happily put it on.

All in all, a bigger step forward in my view than the previous attempts, and the RTX tech might actually be worthwhile in the future. Now they just gotta do it at a rate of more than 1 game every 2-3 months, and especially not 7-8 months after a game's release, like who still gives a frog.

Associate
Glad they finally got this done for TR as its not a bad game and looks great even without RTX. I just think that the "still waiting" pic still sums it all up - its way too late, not that exciting and people are over all this now.

Man of Honour
RTX patch for Shadow Of The Tomb Raider was finally released today.

Just played first time for 2 hours now, very impressed with ray tracing shadows, up to 100 fps at 1080p with ray tracing shadows quality at Ultra so I really do not need DLSS.

Techpowerup tested RTX and DLSS.

https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/NVIDIA/Shadow_of_the_Tomb_Raider_RTX_DLSS/

DLSS quality seemed very good but some textures looked blurred so a few more DLSS learn data trainings should fix it.

RTX for shadows, what about the rest of the features that are not enabled.

Total farce NVidia.

Associate
RTX for shadows, what about the rest of the features

Shadows were what was demoed about RTX in the game 5 months ago at launch. That was all I expected of RTX in the game therefore from the first moments of having the 20 series confirmed. DLSS is there as well which I don't think was mentioned would be there in the game at the launch.
What other multiple of features of RTX are there?

Last edited:
Associate
Shadows were what was demoed about RTX in the game 5 months ago at launch. That was all I expected of RTX in the game therefore from the first moments of having the 20 series confirmed. DLSS is there as well which I don't think was mentioned would be there in the game at the launch.
What other multiple of features of RTX are there?
That we've seen so far, reflections in BF5 and global illumination in Metro exodus.

When they can get full raytracing (shadows, reflections, GI and more) without halving the framerate ill be impressed :D

Caporegime
Only differences i saw there, was the woman in the market, one had a Black dress on, the other had Red, with a little white hat on, and the Ultra was jerking and stuttering like a *******, and was about 40 odd frames lower. :p

Soldato
With DLSS on some of the textures are quite clearly lacking in detail. However, it's not all the time and I'd notice the increased fps far more than I'd notice the odd bit of background softness.

Back
Top Bottom