• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Where are all the 3080ti's ?

Soldato
Each to their own but 3090s are not for gamers. You're paying for ram youll never use.

3080ti is just Nvidia creating a SKU to make more money because they have chips that cant perform at 3090 speeds and they priced the 3080 lower than the market could handle. Stupid us.

£650 for my 3080FE is great. 2nd hand market and mining has meant I broke even a couple weeks a go and have paid for my waterblock.

I've stopped mining now.

Associate
Unfair in what way? Do we care about overclockers?

I think he may mean unfair on us, in that we only have one outlet for them. Whereas if NVidia allowed multiple retailers to sell them, we might have more chance of getting one. No way of knowing though because it isn't a reality.

No way of knowing that, but we will have a way of knowing what he meant when he comes back here and tells us :D;)

Associate
Are they better than the 3090s?

RTX3080Ti is just a 3090 with less RAM.... everything else the same.... 12Gb is plenty, even for 99.9% of 4K gaming.

RTX3090 has some video editing / 3D rendering benefits, but is a waste* in terms of gaming performance.

*almost zero benefit, significantly more cost and ongoing extra source of heat and load on your PSU.

If you already have a RTX3090, then I wouldn't downgrade.... but certainly not worth spending the extra money if you're buying now.

Associate
It depends somewhat, a 3090 FE is better value than an AIB 3080 Ti when bought for RRP (£1400 Vs £1500+). Also if someone intends to mine to recoup some of the cost then the 3090 has a considerably higher hashrate.

For pure gaming purposes and comparing FE to FE the Ti is the one to go for (ignoring AMD offerings of course).

Back
Top Bottom