• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Where are all the 3080ti's ?

Soldato
I see, i see a lot of the 3080ti's for under 1500, but would never pay that, especially when people get them for like 1050, i still think its unfair that overclockers cant sale the fe cards.

Associate
They've been at it for years, they're not gonna stop now!

I just paid 1049 + postage for a 12GB card that should have had 16GB, but hey ho.

Gotta say though, having lots of fun with it!
Where was that? Cheapest on OC is £1700, so unless you're going to subsidise it with mining, it's just FAR too much....

Soldato
I see, i see a lot of the 3080ti's for under 1500, but would never pay that, especially when people get them for like 1050, i still think its unfair that overclockers cant sale the fe cards.

Maybe they didn't want to ? Not sure what the retailer gets from selling the FE cards ,

Would love to know if other retailers also tried ?

Soldato
if you get an FE make sure you pick the right one for you from the start.

I went for a 3070 ti and later decided i wanted a 3080 but it is one FE card per household so i there is nothing i can do about it.

Soldato
Maybe they didn't want to ? Not sure what the retailer gets from selling the FE cards ,

Would love to know if other retailers also tried ?

I think OC already said its not worth it but dont quote me on that please incase i got the wrong end of the stick

Soldato
They've been at it for years, they're not gonna stop now!

I just paid 1049 + postage for a 12GB card that should have had 16GB, but hey ho.

Gotta say though, having lots of fun with it!
They are limited with how much VRAM you can have by the bus width unless they go to town and run a 512 bit bus which would add extra complexity and costs otherwise it would end with a 256 bit bus and only the bandwith bandwidth of a 3070ti which would hold back the performance.

Maybe Nvidia will come up with a infinity cache system like RDNA2 next time so they can be a bit more generous on the memory side.

Back
Top Bottom